As The World Turns Historic Kiss!

everythingtaboo Profile Photoeverythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#1
Posted: 8/16/07 at 12:21am
SPOILERISH...

ET reports on As the World Turns' upcoming first gay male teen kiss on daytime, supposedly happening this Friday, 17 August.

Very cool behind the scenes video of the moment, if only because they loop the scene over and over again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0hP09cn13s

Nice to see daytime taking those important steps once again.

As The World Turns Historic Kiss!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 8/16/07 at 12:21 AM
RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#2
Posted: 8/16/07 at 7:49am
it should have been luke & will!
XING
PED
gymdudeva
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#2
Posted: 8/16/07 at 11:20am
I agree Robb...that would have been way hotter!!! Or even better, Luke and Casey (but Casey is in jail). This Noah guy will do, though.
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#3
Posted: 8/16/07 at 11:25am
But what do we tell the children?
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#4
Posted: 8/16/07 at 11:27am
tell 'em that the one in front is sick and the one in back is just giving him a push for help.
XING
PED
hermionejuliet Profile Photohermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#5
Posted: 8/16/07 at 8:35pm
FINALLY! I hope it is a real kiss and not a "mistake." Currently Noah is going out with Maddie.

Yes, I am an actual ATWT junkie. re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!
So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#6
Posted: 8/16/07 at 8:38pm
Now... will they keep kissing and doing sex scenes like the straight couples on 'Soaps' or is this just a publicity stunt?

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
jsg03jd Profile Photojsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#7
Posted: 8/16/07 at 9:19pm
I guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out. At least that's what Jake Silbermann (Noah) says...

http://www.afterelton.com/people/2007/8/jakesilbermann
everythingtaboo Profile Photoeverythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#8
Posted: 8/16/07 at 11:02pm
I tune into the show every now and then and have been watching a lot of it this summer.

Tomorrow is a huge day, with the kiss and also One Life to Live's 10,000th episode. Nathan Fillion is back!

Thank goodness for DVR.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#9
Posted: 8/17/07 at 12:32am
I don't watch these shows, so help me out here.

LONGTIME COMPANION came out in 1990, and now 17 YEARS LATER we're seeing what they fictionalized in a scene on a soap back then?

Progress isn't progressive enough for me.
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#10
Posted: 8/17/07 at 12:52am
DG,
I agree with you, but unfortunately, even now, fans are stating that they will never watch the show again if Luke becomes seriously involved with Noah. ATWT made one of the sons of a lead couple gay. They can either shy away from the storyline or try to write a realistic and meaningful storyline. Luke pretty much was on the back burner for a good year, I would say. This is a long running soap, so I suppose producers feel as if they are taking a huge chance with their "older" fan base. We will just have to see how it plays out.
So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#11
Posted: 8/17/07 at 1:36am
Hermione - maybe that's why it's necessary. Let's hope they have the fortitude.
jsg03jd Profile Photojsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#12
Posted: 8/17/07 at 7:40am
Unfortunately, it is necessary. LONGTIME COMPANION was way ahead of its time. Right or wrong, many people in this country get their ideas about life from watching TV. Not everyone lives in an area where diversity is celebrated or even tolerated. If you check out the CBS boards, you will see an awful lot of hate speech/language regarding this storyline. It's actually pretty scary that people still think like that, and, yes, it's 2007. So I agree that "progress isn't progressive enough" but the state of affairs in this country is what it is. Hopefully, ATWT, CBS and the producer, Procter & Gamble, will stick to their guns and let this story play out so that it can show all viewers that love is love irrespective of gender and/or orientation...
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#13
Posted: 8/17/07 at 7:55am
I have been an ATWT fanatic since I was a child. This old, long-time fan says, "Bring it on". Luke is sweet and deserves happiness.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#14
Posted: 8/17/07 at 11:18am
A lot of people are going to be burning in the fires of hell!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#15
Posted: 8/17/07 at 11:41am
If kissing a boy is all it takes to get you to hell, then I'll be seeing most of the third grade class from Sts. Phillip and James when I get there.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#16
Posted: 8/17/07 at 11:44am
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote of the day.

And it's still early!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#17
Posted: 8/17/07 at 3:29pm
i can remember around the time that LONGTIME COMPANION came out, there was a PR buzz over a lesbian kiss (and maybe relationship) on some soap...all i can recall is that one of the actresses was the star of the sitcom ANGIE and a supporting character in SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER...Donna Pescow, maybe?
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile PhotoCaroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#18
Posted: 8/17/07 at 5:52pm
ack! darn! I missed up...

hopefully it'll end up somewhere on the interweb re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!
"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed
gymdudeva
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#19
Posted: 8/17/07 at 6:03pm
Caroline,

I think they repeat it at the beginning of Monday's show...they said that they had to shoot it twice, once for Friday and once for MOnday...

I'm sure it'll be on a certain video-clip site too, if not already...

hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#20
Posted: 8/17/07 at 10:07pm
I believe that ATWT episodes are posted on the web on the CBS website.
spell7107 Profile Photospell7107 Profile Photo
spell7107
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#21
Posted: 8/18/07 at 2:27am
Yeah, the Luke and Noah kiss was pretty hot...way hot.
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile PhotoCaroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#22
Posted: 8/18/07 at 3:07am
the whole time I was watching I just felt awful for Maddie! I couldn't even enjoy the kiss!
"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed
mattonstage Profile Photomattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#23
Posted: 8/18/07 at 11:00am
I'm still smarting over the days when Billy Douglas finally got a boyfriend on One Life to Live, who then disappeared a month or so later, never to be heard from again. I don't watch ATWT, but I hope they don't suffer the same fate.
I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!
gymdudeva
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: As The World Turns Historic Kiss!#24
Posted: 8/18/07 at 11:23am
ATWT had a gay male character back in 1989 or so. The coming-out stuff was handled well and was pretty realistic, but of course he had no romance on the show, and had an unseen boyfriend who lived out of town.