Page: 1

Mandisa-missing the point of "Christianity"

SueSnell
Stand-by
Stand-by
B*tch going off about the gays again. And not being taken out of context...

She speaks of fasting. Perhaps someone should explain to her it means NOT EATING! Her whole "the body is a temple" blatherings- uhm, that doesn't mean your double trailer wide a$s should be as big as St Peter's Bascilica....

I loathe her and hope she is working at Cracker Barrel (which has similar views on gays) soon....
Hate the sinner, hate the sin...unless it is sloth
Bad Jazz Singing- The Agony of Defeatism, The Thrill of It All
AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
..woah. Intense.
I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
geaj Profile Photogeaj Profile Photo
geaj
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Screw her!
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mandisa is banal. That's one of my big problems with evangelicals -- they just repeat what their pastors have said -- even using the same language their pastor uses. no one thinks for themselves.

Using the same language everyone else has used is a sure sign that you've been hypnotized and had messages implanted.
"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
Kringas
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I like the part about how the name American IDOL went against "everything [she] stands for" and yet she voluntarily went on it anyway.

I also liked that she thought God wanted her in the top three. Maybe God doesn't love her after all.
"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey
Patronus Profile PhotoPatronus Profile Photo
Patronus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You could start a thread with the title:

Patronus-missing the point of 'Mandisa'.

I never got it.
Updated On: 8/15/07 at 10:03 AM
DBillyP Profile PhotoDBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cracker Barrel added sexual orientation to its non-discrimination policy in 2002.
"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'd say keeping their high-fat menu is an aggressive act of keeping me from having more gay sex.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I would be singing Christian songs about Christian principles, and I don't believe that they line up with the homosexual lifestyle.

Yeah, those contemporary Christian songs are SO deep. "Our God is an awesome God" and the like. I don't think we gays would ever get them.
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not only that, Calvin. They are unbelievably disingenuous.

"I could sing of your love forever"

No, I couldn't. In fact, I'd get a little bored. At the very least, I'd need to stop and eat something.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My father -- who despises contemporary Christian music, and often says hearing the classics is about the only reason he ever goes to church -- calls them "7-11 songs," meaning they say the same seven phrases at least 11 times.
broadwaytourist
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Touch me, I say a big AMEN! to your post. I was reared fundamentalist Southern Baptist and drank the Kool-aid for much of my life. But I too saw that thinking for oneself (especially if female) was just not acceptable, and I heard the same meaningless phrases used over and over in public prayers, sermons, and lessons. No original thought at all. (I do make an exception for my dear friend Marla who used to pray with her eyes open and as if she were just talking to a friend. It was really beautiful, and I believe her inner being was truly beautiful. I miss her). Anyway, I am recovering from fundalmentalism, and I think the more we ignore the rantings of folks like Mandisa, the better off we'll be. Think for yourself, world!!!!
Updated On: 8/15/07 at 11:27 AM
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Calvin, I'm with your dad. The best Christian songs are the hymns. Sometimes the lyrics are a little dogmatic, but other times, they are beautiful.

Although, there is an occasional Ken Medema tune that makes me get misty.
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mandisa is a skank. Plain and simple.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That "has been" who "never was" is a idiot.
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Talk about entitlement: God wanted her to be in the top three.

Well, God wanted me to win Powerball and that hasn't happened yet!
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
DBillyP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For a truly insightful contemporary Christian song, try Natalie Grant's "Held." (It's on my myspace page.)
"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near
Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I like the song "Concrete Angel", I don't know who sings it. Does it count?
yr ronin,
joey
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If you want Xian music with a real message, try listening to anything Derek Webb ha sput out in the last five years. He's really stickin' it to the republican church for their hypocrisy. They won't play him on Christian radio -- which I think is awesome.

Some sample lyrics:

"There are two great lies that I've heard: If you eat of the fruit of this tree, you will not surely die, and that Jesus Christ was a white middle class republican and if you wanna be saved you have to learn to be like him"

"peace by way of war is like purity by way of fornication
itís like telling someone murder is wrong
and then showing them by way of execution"
DBillyP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ooh! I will have to check him out! It sounds like he needs to come sing at my church!