Page: 1

Decision time

YessicaB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Decision time#1
Posted: 8/14/07 at 11:48am
Hey guys.

I know you get tons of these (but so do we on the West End board and I always answer and try to help...).

You've guessed it am planning a trip to NYC. I will be there Sept. 11th for 3-4 days. Now I know that I want to see Spring Awakening as I love the play. Also wanted to see Grey Gardens but that seems to have closed by then. Friend who's traveling with me would like to see RENT as she hasn't yet seen it, I'm assuming that since it's after Anthony and Adam leave again we should be save trying to get lottery seats? Any day fine or should we go for mid week matinee to avoid tons of people?
Also heard Spring Awakening is wildly popular, so how good are my chances of optaining a pair of lottery/student/day seats? (Which ones do they do? And again which seems to be the best day to try?)

And the most dreaded question: What else should I see? Haven't been keeping up with last season, haven't been in NYC since May 2006 so anything that opened after or should for some other reason (amazing cast, etc) be seen NOW... please give some tips.
Let me know if it's something I definitely have to order in advance, can take my chance with lottery or day seats or try TKTS.

Thanks! (Promise will help answer more "Help I'm coming to London" threads as well Decision time )
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Decision time#2
Posted: 8/14/07 at 11:56am
Hi! If you get to the SPRING AWAKENING box office early enough (2 hours prior to the box office opening), you should be able to land a pair of student rush seats. Try for a weekday if you can. You have a better shot that way.

RENT lotto has been wildly popular since Adam and Anthony returned. I've lost six times already, but it's always worth a try. You may wish to buy tickets in advance though, if you have the funds. I haven't tried a weekday matinee.

I recommend XANADU as another show. It is a fun, well done parody, and it guarantees a great time.

Have a fun trip, and let us know how it was when you get back!
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
YessicaB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Decision time#2
Posted: 8/14/07 at 12:00pm
Thanks! Will definitely do Spring Awakening then. Am not actually a student but for some reason they have always taken my European driver's liscence as a student ID in the US (it even has cars on it...hehee). re: Decision time

Xanadu...hmm will read up on that. Thank you! Any other tips are also very appreciated!
YessicaB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Decision time#3
Posted: 8/14/07 at 12:02pm
Oh and from what I've read Adam and Anthony are only doing RENT till the 9th so we should be ok for tickets right after??!?
Updated On: 8/14/07 at 12:02 PM
StageManager2 Profile PhotoStageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Decision time#4
Posted: 8/14/07 at 12:04pm
Yessica, how the hell are ya? Whatever happened to your fellow Krauts? I miss that thread.
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia