Page: 1

Red Hook, Brooklyn

hermionejuliet Profile Photohermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Red Hook, Brooklyn#1
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:59pm
What can you tell me about Red Hook? I saw a travel show in which the host said it is a Bohemian type area of Brooklyn and short taxi ride away from the city. Would it be a good place to live?
So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?
Updated On: 8/11/07 at 09:59 PM
bwaylvsong
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Red Hook, Brooklyn#2
Posted: 8/11/07 at 11:29pm
I've only heard of it as a bad neighborhood with a ship port.
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Red Hook, Brooklyn#2
Posted: 8/12/07 at 11:00am
Highly industrial, no transportation to speak of, few shops and restaurants, isolated, cab to mid-town would be at least $20 if not more, your friends would never come to visit, IKEA would be one of your neighbors, really creepy after dark. Other than that perfect!
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
avab802 Profile Photoavab802 Profile Photo
avab802
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Red Hook, Brooklyn#3
Posted: 8/13/07 at 5:20pm
There's a Fairway in Red Hook. That's all I know about it.
hermionejuliet Profile Photohermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Red Hook, Brooklyn#4
Posted: 8/13/07 at 6:00pm
Thanks Just a Guy! I'll start searching for my apartment right now. re: Red Hook, Brooklyn
So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Red Hook, Brooklyn#5
Posted: 8/13/07 at 6:04pm
My referral fee is 15%.
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett