Page: 1

I think I am in love

spiderdj82 Profile Photospiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think I am in love#1
Posted: 8/5/07 at 9:14am
For all of those that love classic jazz vocals such as Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, etc. then you HAVE to have a listen to a young woman named Chrisette Michele. Her vocals are GORGEOUS and the soul behind the words are breathtaking. Here is a little video of an interview/song samples of her songs.

Amazing!
"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
Updated On: 8/5/07 at 09:14 AM
soapguy17 Profile Photosoapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I think I am in love#2
Posted: 8/5/07 at 9:22am
Wow. Looks like I'm going to be replacing Renee Olsted and Queen Latifah in my car. OH! It's only 8 bucks on Itunes!
I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I think I am in love#2
Posted: 8/5/07 at 9:28am
Wow. Here is someone I'd have totally missed had I not been pointed in her direction. Thanks!

Her depth of understanding is astounding at such a young age. To be able to not just deliver the notes, but also convey the message...
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Listen to this.#3
Posted: 8/5/07 at 11:52am
Thanks for that link. So often I brush off "new" talent and don't even give it a chance because the music industry is so horrendous and most of the people making "music" today just don't have IT. It is refreshing to see a young person who knows what she wants to do, obviously knows her music and will not be bullied by money hungry producers into fitting a certain mold. Good for her. I am buying this!
PEACE.
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Listen to this.#4
Posted: 8/5/07 at 12:42pm
She's not bad, but my new faves are these not-so-new gals:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uAyv4nQYhxk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ErKbxUHUTCs
"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
vbplayer Profile Photovbplayer Profile Photo
vbplayer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Listen to this.#5
Posted: 8/5/07 at 6:30pm
Lizz Wright is amazing.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Author Unknown