Please Pray for My Dog Who is on Oxygen

tmm_fan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Please Pray for My Dog Who is on Oxygen#1
Posted: 8/5/07 at 2:02am
(I don't think this post is violating the guidelines; if it is, PLMK how. Thanks to those who expressed well-wishes on my first attempt)

Our family's dog (we adopted him 11 years ago), a Yorky, his name is Bennet but we call him Benny, began coughing wildly last night and wouldn't stop (as you probably know, Yorky's have very weak tracheas). My mom took him to the Vet, and after unsuccesful attempts to make him stop, he was put on oxygen. Last night, we all thought he was going to die, but today, thank the good lord, he is doing "much" better. However, he is not out of the woods.

What I am asking from all of you is to please pray for him; to agree with me in prayer that everything will be alright. He is such a cute little dog and is so sweet; we love him so much. To be honest, I have not felt much sadness, because I "do" have faith.

And yes, this will be my only post here for a while; I am still sore towards certain individuals on this particular board, but felt that "this" post was just too important.

SAVE THE PALO ALTO BOWL!

http://www.facebook.com/fireballchase

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" -- The Beatles

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

"Celebrate Earth Day, every day" -- John Denver

"Don't let them mold your mind, they want to control mankind, seems like their only intention is to exploit the earth; and you trust in their deceit, your mind causes your defeat, and so you become an invention to distort this earth; propoganda and lies, is a plague in our lives, how much more victimized, before we realize (hey) ... they'll make it attractive, to get man destracted, corrupting your (soul), polluting your (soul), destroying (your soul, mind control) ... ooh grand master, let the people go, you put them in total confusion, to downs-troy their soul; for they practise what you preach, so they're always in your reach, hi-tech slavery in these days, its mind control" -- Stephen Marley
Updated On: 8/5/07 at 02:02 AM
Ivan the Wonderful Profile PhotoIvan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Do you play Everquest2?
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
StageManager2 Profile PhotoStageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is like déjà vu.
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
tmm_fan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No ... never even heard of it.
SAVE THE PALO ALTO BOWL!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" -- The Beatles

"Don't let them mold your mind, they want to control mankind, seems like their only intention is to exploit the earth; and you trust in their deceit, your mind causes your defeat, and so you become an invention to distort this earth; propoganda and lies, is a plague in our lives, how much more victimized, before we realize (hey) ... they'll make it attractive, to get man destracted, corrupting your (soul), polluting your (soul), destroying (your soul, mind control) ... ooh grand master, let the people go, you put them in total confusion, to downs-troy their soul; for they practise what you preach, so they're always in your reach, hi-tech slavery in these days, its mind control" -- Stephen Marley
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Go away.
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For what it's worth, tmm, I hope your dog gets better. I don't pray, but there's no need to put you down for it. Just my two cents.
Salve, Salve Regina
O clemens O pia
tmm_fan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks so much :)
SAVE THE PALO ALTO BOWL!

AbbaRabbit Profile PhotoAbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
if i had an elderly dog who requiered oxygen, i would take that as a pretty good indication that maybe it's his time to go.
if your dog is suffering, please dont make him suffer so you can have him for a little longer.

oh, and for those praying, my puppy manny has the squirts.
thank you.
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
LOL abba. Do you have the doggie diapers?
AbbaRabbit Profile PhotoAbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lol no
we have weewee pads.
they're all over the floor right now beacuse he made such a mess last night.
damn that trainer for giving him those smelly liver treats...
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
tmm_fan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He is not suffering now; he's better today. When we visited him late this afternoon, we were prepared for him to be put down because he was suffering so much last night. But, surprisingly (and thankfully), he is doing well.

It is like ... we are all animals. So, who is to say which species has a greater right to live? Is morally and ethically superior?

SAVE THE PALO ALTO BOWL!

Updated On: 8/5/07 at 03:15 AM
Greekmusicalfan Profile PhotoGreekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Small dogs have a bigger life span, so a Yorkie at 11 is definetely not on his time to go !
I can imagine what you are going through, and I hope and pray with all my heart that the little fellow will be strong and healthy again in no time !!
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Perspective, please. The dog is on oxygen, not chemotherapy. Oxygen is what they slap on little old ladies who hyperventilated and felt faint when Hugh Jackman had his on-stage costume changes..

That being said...I actually *am* sympathetic about how traumatic it is when an animal is ill, so I wish Benny well.

And the most profound thing said in this thread so far has come from Abba... "if your dog is suffering, please don't make him suffer so you can have him for a little longer". Abba is the perfect example of someone who cares deeply, loves freely, but has her priorities straight. I could make her my health care proxy and trust her to do the right thing.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just have a hard time imagining a dog on oxygen. Do they put a little mask on him, put the tubes up his nose or put him in an iron lung type thing? Is this a common treatment for pets?
PEACE.
MotorTink Profile PhotoMotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They do have doggie nose tubes, but sometimes they intubate the animal.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They also have special kennels where oxygen is pumped into. Sort of like an oxygen tent.
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Why are you people even paying attention to this person? She hates all of us but now she wants our prayers.
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ain't that always the way, Ivan?
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
tmm_fan can I ask what your sore about? I'm not a big pray-er, but I hope your dog will continue to improve.
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
tmm_fan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks so much.

And as for what I'm sore about, basically ... I used to do these posts about preserving the environment because I'm so very passionate about it, and for whatever reason, I got totally blasted by several users ... they became extremely hostile/mean towards me and just didn't care. I also revealed that I was a huge fan of Michael Jackson; that was another mistake.

It got so bad that I haven't regularly posted here since May, and have no plans to start again soon.

SAVE THE PALO ALTO BOWL!

Updated On: 8/5/07 at 04:47 PM
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Admittedly, tmm, your "Save the Dodo" type threads got a bit too much.
Salve, Salve Regina
O clemens O pia
tmm_fan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OK
SAVE THE PALO ALTO BOWL!

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It wasn't that you are a huge fan of Michael Jackson.

It was that you are an apologist for his pedophilia.

And why don't you let your fictitious dog die peacefully?
FranzRelax
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
It got so bad that I haven't regularly posted here since May,

- Not according to your profile.
We serve their food, We carve their meat, We tend to their house, We polish their Silverware.
tmm_fan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Those were on the san francisco and student boards, not here.

He is not fictitous.

And I never supported pedophilia.
SAVE THE PALO ALTO BOWL!