Page: 1

Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde

GirlforTartaglia Profile PhotoGirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#1
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:32pm
..I walked past a Jekyll and Hyde restaurant a few days ago by Central Park..now I look up the Jekyll and Hyde Pub online and it says its in Greenwich Village..are there two of these theme restaurants? Or am I just missing something lol
And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#2
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:41pm
When I was in NYC in 2000, we ate at the one by Central Park. Not sure if there are 2, sorry. I need to get back to the city.
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
Fabrizio2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#2
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:44pm
The only one I know of is the one by Central Park.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#3
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:51pm
There are two.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#4
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:13pm
I would suggest going to the one uptown. The downtown location is MUCH MUCH smaller and not as "fun". Both are extremely overpriced though and cater to the tourists.
GirlforTartaglia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#5
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:14pm
Is the one by Central Park just as good as the one notated on the J&H website in Greenwich?
And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#6
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:19pm
And the "fun" is relative. There's no real surprises after the entrance.
GirlforTartaglia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#7
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:19pm
Well my boyfriend is a horror buff so I figured it's a cute little atmosphere for him :)
The Uptown one is by Central Park then..correct? I hope I'm getting my terminology of the City right haha.

Is it generally fun?? I mean I'll be at NYU and he's visiting from Long Island so he's slightly touristy..It's for my birthday
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#8
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:30pm
Once you're in and seated there's not much to it. Think overpriced Rainforest Cafe type fare. If it's fun at all, it's fun once.
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#9
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:42pm
It is better if your smashed. There are better places.
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#10
Posted: 8/2/07 at 1:28pm
Awe now see, I enjoy the J&H Club. The again, we were sitting right by the stage and there was a HUGE show going on at the time. all the actors were fighting with each other and then I somehow wound up on stage dancing.

I don't go there, generally, just because it really caters to tourists (I took friends from out of town), but it is a good time. And definitely go to the one uptown.
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#11
Posted: 8/2/07 at 1:48pm
One of the worst restaurants in the City.
Avoid at all costs.
Act0r721 Profile PhotoAct0r721 Profile Photo
Act0r721
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Restaurant: Jekyll and Hyde#12
Posted: 8/2/07 at 2:18pm
There used to be one in Chicago. My parents took me when I was in elementary school and I loved it! =)