Page: 1

Greetings from Moab, Utah!

iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Greetings from Moab, Utah!#1
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:26pm
I'm having a lovely ten-day vacation out West that's spanning all of Colorado, some of Utah and even a bit of New Mexico. So far, we've seen some gorgeous mountains in Colorado (as well as some very enjoyable hot springs, mmmm) and today we explored mesa Verde National Park and got to see the Cliff Palace there which was positively mind-boggling. Tomorrow we'll be exploring Arches National Park right north of where we're staying now in Utah. This is the one chance I'll probably have to get Internet access (yay free WiFi, Motel 6!) and I'll try to get some pictures posted soon--i've got some really incredible shots. I hope you are all enjoying your week too!
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
beacon1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Greetings from Moab, Utah!#2
Posted: 8/1/07 at 8:46am
Arches is GORGEOUS. I hiked in it with a roommate back when I lived in Salt Lake. We took a trip down there and had a wonderful time.

I even climbed to Delicate Arch and have a photo of me standing inside of it. Do they still let folks climb up to that spot?
Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Greetings from Moab, Utah!#2
Posted: 8/1/07 at 8:49am
The whole Canyonlands area is wonderful, as well - especially Dead Horse Point. If you get a chance (although it is a bit of a drive south) Monument Valley is great at night with substantial moonlight.
beacon1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Greetings from Moab, Utah!#3
Posted: 8/1/07 at 8:55am
DG,

Dead Horse Point! Gorgeous but also absolutely terrifying if you have a fear of heights...which I do. The fact that I did any climbing at all is amazing. I really had to suck it up but the view (if you don't look straight down too much) is fabulous!
Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Greetings from Moab, Utah!#4
Posted: 8/1/07 at 8:59am
Hi, Beacs re: Greetings from Moab, Utah!

I have always been DEATHLY afraid of heights, but for some reason, I never had issues in all the scrambling I did in the Southwest parks. I think it's because you just can't get a sense of 'scale' - it's all so vast and big.

But I know what you're saying - some places can be a little intimidating!
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Greetings from Moab, Utah!#5
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:52am
We were considering checking out Dead Horse Point, if we have the chance, but we are going to have to drive back to Crested Butte, CO on friday, so we'll see what we have time for. The heights thing hasn't really been an issue for me--I mean, some of the mountain passes that we had to drive through just to get to Mesa Verde were death-defying. Everything here is very beautiful though already. Just looking at some of these rock formations along the highway is amazing. I'm very excited to actually get into the park!
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Greetings from Moab, Utah!#6
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:56am
Geek - I meant to ask - where were the hot springs you went to?

And Crested Butte is lovely!
Ivan the Wonderful Profile PhotoIvan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Greetings from Moab, Utah!#7
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:58am
Iheartmygreek, I thought you were blind.

I was in Utah once. It was a pretty state but I hate Mormans. Except they can marry more than one person but it has to be women. If they legalize gay marriage I might think about moving there. LOL
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Greetings from Moab, Utah!#8
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:03am
"I hate Mormans"

Charming. Blanket statements leave so much room for . . . well, nothing.

And honestly, it's more than a little offensive in a thread where a woman who is Mormon has been posting - and happens to be one of the sweetest and kindest people here.
Ivan the Wonderful Profile PhotoIvan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Greetings from Moab, Utah!#9
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:07am
Well the mormans I have met then. Didn't mean to offend.
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Greetings from Moab, Utah!#10
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:10am
Wow, Ivan, i'm not "blind." I'm visually imaired--I can still see quite a bit out of my right eye.