Page: 1

GMA's Robin Roberts Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She made the announcement earlier this morning. It's an early stage, discovered the day Good Morning America did the tribute to the late Joel Siegel.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3430554
shameless Profile Photoshameless Profile Photo
shameless
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow. Well, it's great that they found it early.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be enbered with your old nonsense. ~ Emerson
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How sad. I really like her. I'm glad they caught it early and hope she has a full recovery.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"NEW YORK "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts had "very successful" surgery for breast cancer Friday and has left the hospital for home, ABC said.

Roberts, 46, revealed her diagnosis to viewers Tuesday. She said doctors believed they had caught the cancer early.

"The tests following her surgery take some time to process, so when we have more information we will update you," said ABC News spokeswoman Bridgette Maney. "Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for Robin."

Roberts' mother and sisters traveled from the Mississippi Gulf Coast and New Orleans to be with her for the surgery. The former college basketball star and sportscaster grew up in Pass Christian, Miss.

Roberts has no family history of breast cancer.

She has been an anchor at "GMA" since 2005."
ABC's Robin Roberts Has Breast Surgery
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"