Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
SeanMartin Profile PhotoSeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#2
Posted: 7/28/07 at 7:34am
I dunno, guys. Being a telemarketer is a lousy job anyway -- those of us who work in the theatre know what it's like to deal with almost non-stop rejection; why should we make fun of those who are just trying to make a living at minimum wage?

Just my bleeding heart 0.02, and no doubt worth every penny.
http://docandraider.com
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#2
Posted: 7/28/07 at 3:29pm
FUNNY.

And if they don't like being a telemarketer, they should find another job. It's sort of like saying, "I want to be an actor, but don't want to deal with rejection."

I did telemarketing for years. You sould here some of the stuff I pulled. There's a day care center in Florida that thinks to this day, that Disney was about to sue them unless they painted over the Disney characters that were painted on their walls.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
erikaamato
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#3
Posted: 7/28/07 at 3:59pm
I thought it was hilarious. That guy's great at improv!
Defying_Gravity_Girl Profile PhotoDefying_Gravity_Girl Profile Photo
Defying_Gravity_Girl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#4
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:17pm
I do that all the time! I don't go into as much detail, but there are definitely a bunch of telemarketers out there who think my family members are dead. They never do call back.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

www.writersinlove.com
kate2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#5
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:32pm
My dad plays a different prank on each telemarketer. I don't know how he thinks of the things he does so fast. It's always a good laugh. He says they must be so tired of people hanging up on them, so he gives them something to talk about after they hang up.
SweetQintheLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#6
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:38pm
I tell them that if they pay for the rest of my college tuition, I'll buy their product.

That usually does it.

Or if they ask for someone, I say "they are in (random faraway unknown place) for 10 months.
"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178
Mr.  Tuttle Profile PhotoMr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#7
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:44pm
If they were a Roundabout telemarketer, they deserve all they get!
Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#8
Posted: 7/28/07 at 6:34pm
Oddly enough - and I don't plan to make a habit of it - I'm with SeanMartin here. Just because you don't like telemarketers doesn't give you the right to **** with someone who's just doing their job. It's rude, it's unnecessary, and it makes you a colossal prick. And it's not always as simple as "find another job!". Y'know, people need to pay bills and rent and stuff. If it's a choice between being a telemarketer or losing your home while finding "another job", you're going to go with the former.

As someone who works in customer service and has been having a lousy day anyway, right this second, I think that everyone who thinks this is "OMG hilarious, those telemarketers DESERVE abuse!" is a wanker.

Have a nice day.
Nipper Profile PhotoNipper Profile Photo
Nipper
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#9
Posted: 7/28/07 at 6:43pm
I like to answer the phone when I see it's a telemarketer (thanks to caller ID). Whether they ask for me or my partner, I always tell them that the person died just a few days ago. Quite often they hang up without so much as a "I'm sorry!" Gotta love freaking out these pests!
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#10
Posted: 7/28/07 at 6:46pm
"Just because you don't like telemarketers doesn't give you the right to **** with someone who's just doing their job."

Since they are calling me at my home, YES, I DO have the right.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#11
Posted: 7/28/07 at 7:01pm
Okay, that's true, you do have the right.

Doesn't make you less of a **** though, does it?
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#12
Posted: 7/28/07 at 7:22pm
How would you feel if you were bothered at home by people who want to sell you something that you don't want or need?

Imagine trying to get ANYTHING done and someone keeps knocking on your door, trying to sell you things. It's a pain in the ass, and the folks who sell over the phone KNOW THAT. I did it for years.

So, you can call me all the names you want, I really don't care what you think of me.
SeanMartin Profile PhotoSeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#13
Posted: 7/28/07 at 8:08pm
>> Since they are calling me at my home, YES, I DO have the right.

Y'know, there's having the right, and then there's being a decent human being about it. It doesnt take much to simply say, "No, thank you" and hang up. And with caller ID, you can ignore the call altogether; no reason to be Pavlov's dog.
http://docandraider.com
wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photowonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#14
Posted: 7/28/07 at 8:23pm
I'm with Weez and Sean here (wow, that's a first!). Telemarketers are annoying, but there isn't any reason they shouldn't be treated with respect.

They're just doing their job. Give them a break.
I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#15
Posted: 7/28/07 at 8:59pm
It depends on my mood.

But when I ask them if I can call them back, or tell them I am on the 'Do Not Call' list and they slam the phone down, I feel that I can have fun with a few.

I've actually been bored and once listened to their entire script, and then gave the person some tips on how to telemarket. They thanked me.

It's not like I'm rude to every single person that calls me, just the one's that deserve it.

Besides, since I managed an office of telemarketers for years, I feel I have better insight than most.

"Hi, this is John Lambert, calling on the photocopier there in your office. My paper work is smudged and I need to verify the model number on the front of the machine... Did you know your toner is going up in price?"
Nipper Profile PhotoNipper Profile Photo
Nipper
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#16
Posted: 7/28/07 at 9:05pm
They're just doing their job. Give them a break.

Gladly, shall it be their neck or an arm?
AbbaRabbit Profile PhotoAbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Funny prank played on telemarketer#17
Posted: 7/28/07 at 10:44pm
i have never had a telemarketer pronounce my last name correctly.

our number is on the no call list though so we haven't gotten one in a while.

when my grandfather died and my grandma moved in with us temporaraly, we had her number, which is not on the no call list, forwarded so it would ring at our house and she wouldn't miss any calls.
about a month later we got all these calls all of a sudden for my grandfather... one lady refused to believe me when i said he had passed away because his file didn't say he had passed away.
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK