Page: 1

Deathly Hallows Sales numbers? Please NO SPOILERS HERE!!!

jasonf Profile Photojasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the count was from the midnight release parties last night? Anywhere we can go for the numbers?

Judging by what I saw at the one suburban B&N I was at - if those numbers were at every store across the country, the numbers gotta be at least a million books last night...
Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Our local B&N had over 2,000 people in line outside. So many people were in the store that in order to stay within fire codes no one else could be let in until people had left.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
Updated On: 7/21/07 at 12:50 PM
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't know about the numbers, but I ordered mine through Amazon and got it this AM before I was awake. Why would you wait in line for hours. Crazy.
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Why would you wait in line for hours. Crazy."

While you just got yours delivered, other people were having a great time sharing the excitement and socializing.

Crazy is subjective.
CyCoSpAz2 Profile PhotoCyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The numbers from The Book Standard were for Half-Blood Prince.

I heard something like 12 million copies were printed, 2 million alone from Amazon.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
CyCo - good catch! Well, it's a good site to get the info from - it will just need a search for Hallows when the figures are added.

And I also heard that 12 million printed figure - and that was just for the US, I believe.
worrell4077
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was at Stop and Shop and they had like a bunch of copies of the book on display, so if you're in the South Brunswick area and you didn't get the book and you want it go to the Stop and Shop on Rt. 1.

I don't understand why anyone would want to go out at 12am just to buy a book even though there were all those parties and stuff. The only thing I would ever do at midnight or wait in line for at midnight, is if the movies near me has a midnight showing of The Dark Knight. That's it.
antiandrewx Profile Photoantiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just got back from Barnes and Noble and every single person in that store had a Harry Potter book in their hands.
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was at the main Waterstone's in London when the book was releases.

I swear there must have been 100,000 people. It was crazy.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
shira467 Profile Photoshira467 Profile Photo
shira467
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2.223 Million JUST from Amazon. DAMN!

I'm on the last 200 pages of Half-Blood Prince. I have to re-read it before I run out and buy the last one!
Book Standard on the Final Harry Potter
Deet: Shira, I Love You!
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was seeing Les Miserables on friday night. All day on the Toys R us video marquee was a countdown ticker. It was saying how long it would be till the book arrived at toys r us times square. I went passed the vergin megastore and on the doors were stickers that said something about why would you want to wait online? and said that they were staying opened till 3 that way no one had to stand on line or what not.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
harry goes gay for ron#12
Posted: 7/22/07 at 1:22am
they all die, but not before hermione blows hagrid.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
caitiesus1522 Profile Photocaitiesus1522 Profile Photo
caitiesus1522
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
harry goes gay for ron#13
Posted: 7/22/07 at 12:33pm
The first day numbers had to have broken records...I was at the airport and every other person i saw had it in their hand!
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
harry goes gay for ron#14
Posted: 7/22/07 at 5:41pm
mlsheehan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Harry Sales....#15
Posted: 7/22/07 at 8:32pm
8.3 million in the first 24 hours in the U.S. alone ....

News Story
Updated On: 7/22/07 at 08:32 PM
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Harry Sales....#16
Posted: 7/22/07 at 8:37pm
Amazing - and I'm not one of those that actually uses that word often! But it does truly amaze me - for a BOOK! I love it.