Michael Vick should be kicked out of the NFL.

StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And I used to be a huge fan.

According to the indictment, dogs that didn't show enough fighting spirit, or that lost matches, were put to death by a variety of methods, including shooting, drowning, hanging and electrocution. Prosecutors allege that on one occasion earlier this year, Vick participated in killing eight dogs.
NFL star indicted over dog fighting
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
glad to see that whole presumption of innocence inherent in our legal system still carries such weight.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
SeanMartin Profile PhotoSeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gosh, let's see. The whole set up was on his property in Virginia. Unless the man never lives there, which is kinda unlikely, "presumption of innocence" has gone straight out the window. "Oh, I didnt know about anything about that!" Suuuuure, Michael. I just bet you didnt.

The truly awful thing is, he'll get a fine and a slap on the wrist, and that'll be that. What the dogs themselves went through will be meaningless. Gotta love that justice system.
http://docandraider.com
chicolini Profile Photochicolini Profile Photo
chicolini
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
But papa, Goodell's new player conduct policy covers players who are charged with illegal activity too, not just the convicted.

I think if you're charged you have to undergo evaluation and counseling and if you fail to comply with that or get arrested/charged with something else during that time period, you're subject to fines or suspension, whether you are proven guilty in a court of law or not.

Don't be too sure I'm as crooked as I'm supposed to be.
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sean, if the facts alleged are proven to be true, he will serve time in a federal prison.

These are not minor charges, and the feds don't mess around with this.

Everyone I have heard talk about this says that if the case is proven to a jury - and if those involved turn on Vick, he may be jail for a very, very long time.

And, if the allegations are true, he is one, sick, twisted human being.
JohnBoy2 Profile PhotoJohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think every time he doesn't complete a pass, he should be receive an electric shock, have his head held under water, and hung by the balls. Seems fair.
SeanMartin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
>> Sean, if the facts alleged are proven to be true, he will serve time in a federal prison.

I hope so, but I guess I'm cynical enough about the Cult of Celebrity to think he probably wont.
chicolini
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I don't know though, this involves dogs and people are funny about animals. Get enough pet owners on the jury and it won't matter who is on trial.
cooperross Profile Photocooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
"I don't know though, this involves dogs and people are funny about animals. Get enough pet owners on the jury and it won't matter who is on trial."

Which won't happen....his defense attorneys will see to that.
-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is a horrible crime. BUT he is assumed innocent until it is otherwise proven. He will probably lose may young fans who are also animal lovers.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
unless the man never lives there, which is kinda unlikely,

unlikely to some folks who ain't gots the cash #7 gots. michael lives in duluth, ga. the house which was raided is one of several homes he owns. one must find something to do with the money he got from the 10-year, $130 million contract he signed with the falcons in 2004. a house for you and one for you and one for you too.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
geaj Profile Photogeaj Profile Photo
geaj
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Ruby Payne (sp?) lecturer on poverty and other related subjects talks about how hard it is to rise from one "social class" to another. It's interesting. We throw money at these people who, by no fault of their own, don't know how to handle it. It seems they always end up in some kind of trouble. I guess they begin to think they're above the law and the rest of us. It will be interesting to follow this. I agree that some celebrities get special treatment, and it is a shame.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
omg, thank you for that valuable insight. i wait with bated breath for the next synapse to fire.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
michael vick should be kicked out of the nfl#13
Posted: 7/19/07 at 10:06pm
I'm with Papa on this one-- horrible charges, let's see the verdict. Meanwhile, I do think it's reasonable to hold him to the same standards he held his dogs to: If he loses the next game, we wet him down and electrocute him. Fair enough?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
michael vick should be kicked out of the nfl#14
Posted: 7/19/07 at 10:08pm
and of those who quote the nfl doctrine, those who have suffered roger's brutality have been repeat offenders. michael, as awful as this all sounds, is a newby in the legal system.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

geaj Profile Photogeaj Profile Photo
geaj
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
michael vick should be kicked out of the nfl#15
Posted: 7/19/07 at 10:10pm
You're welcome, Papa! Just sharing a thought.
Craww
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
michael vick should be kicked out of the nfl#16
Posted: 7/19/07 at 10:10pm
Innocent until proven guilty is all well and good, but does anyone here truly believe that he had nothing to do with the atrocities on his property?

Not just hypothetically, honestly.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
michael vick should be kicked out of the nfl#17
Posted: 7/19/07 at 10:18pm
have you ever owned a property and leased or deeded it to another, craww?

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Craww
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
michael vick should be kicked out of the nfl#18
Posted: 7/19/07 at 10:24pm
No. Do you always answer a question with another question?
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
michael vick should be kicked out of the nfl#19
Posted: 7/19/07 at 10:45pm
i thought so. well., huh,. life works sometimes different than it does in the park, hun. but you fire one, baby.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Craww
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
michael vick should be kicked out of the nfl#20
Posted: 7/19/07 at 10:47pm
Did you compile that sentence with a random word generator, or what?
chicolini
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
michael vick should be kicked out of the nfl#21
Posted: 7/20/07 at 10:37am
True, he hasn't been charged before, but there was the water bottle secret compartment issue at the airport earlier this year.

Not that it compares with Pacman or Tank, but I could see Roger taking a hard line on this. It's probably better for the Falcons if he does - suspend him and they don't have to deal with a guy going back and forth to criminal procedings in between games.
SeanMartin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
michael vick should be kicked out of the nfl#22
Posted: 7/20/07 at 10:42am
Papa, you can pretend he's innocent all you want, but IMVHO the man is guilty as shower scum.
bostonbroadwayfan
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
michael vick should be kicked out of the nfl#23
Posted: 7/20/07 at 11:18am
Vick still has a right to his job although it will be a PR nightmare for the Falcons. He is an overrated QB.
Enjolras77 Profile PhotoEnjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think he should be suspended with pay (or take a leave of absence) until the trial is over. It will be a circus at every game he plays in this year with the media, protestors, etc. At some point you have to even worry about his safety. It will be a huge ordeal for the Falcons to deal with. I know that having Vick play will give them a better chance to win, but with the negative media hounding their every step would it be worth it?

As a season ticket holder for the Carolina Panthers, I can't even begin to imagine what Bank of America Stadium will be like on November 11 if he is starting for the Falcons. I mean, Vick was hated enough here BEFORE he was indicted.
"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man
Updated On: 7/20/07 at 04:23 PM