Love her or Hate her, Tammy Faye is a TRUE Christian!

romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just an update on how she is doing. In my opinion, I feel Tammy Faye is a TRUE Christian who has my respect. She is in my prayers.

Diagnosed with terminal cancer and no longer undergoing treatment, Tammy Faye Bakerís life is in Godís hands.

The spiritual woman just posted this new message on her official website, and we felt compelled to share her inspiring words.

July 16, 2007

My Dear Friends,

It has been such a long time since Iíve written and I am so sorry for the long delay. I have been in bed for almost a year now. I have times when I feel good and times when I feel really bad. But, I have learned one thing about feelings. They have NOTHING TO DO WITH FAITH IN GOD!! He is the SAME yesterday, today and forever. He NEVER changes. That is what the Bible says and Godís word does not lie EVER!

There have been many days when I felt so terrible with my back and stomach, that I have hardly been able to breath. I cry out to the Lord knowing that many of you are praying for me. In spite of it all, I get dressed and go out to eat. I may only be able to eat one bite, or sometimes ten bites, but I swallow each bite in ďfaith believingĒ. There are MANY times it doesnít stay with me long at all, but I keep trying and HE helps me.

My daughter is here a lot of the times to give me my medications and to make sure I donít forget. When I got sick, she literally moved in and gave me hugs and kisses that are so needful during this period of ones life. She said, ďI want to take care of my MomĒ. I gave her the last couple weeks off to go home and spend time with her children, James and John. They are well taken care of while Sissy is gone. My girlfriend, Deborah has been staying with me for the past 3 weeks. We have been friends for thirty years, so we know each other well! She gave Tammy Sue some much needed rest and she has taken up where Sissy left off. She will be here for two more weeks. How grateful I am to have such strong, loving, support around me. Then of course, there is my wonderful husband! We moved from Charlotte, N.C. to Kansas City, Missouri. He came here every weekend to build me a new house and when I got here, it was ready to move into, bed and all!! They had it beautiful and it is the most beautiful home I have ever seen. He has wanted to build me a house for 13 years, and I finally let him! His children and grandchildren have come every weekend to visit us, and it is so much fun! Someone I cannot forget is a friend named Daina. She worked so hard, I thought she was going to get sick. Bless her heart. I have to have help eating, bathing, doing my hair, taking my medicine, and help just getting comfortable, which is really hard for me to do.

I try really hard to eat and keep the food down, but sometimes, it is like my throat would just shut down on me, and the food comes right back up. So through all the prayers, I have finally gained some weight. I have gone from 60 pounds, to 65, for which I am very thankful.

I ask in great humbleness that you pray that I will be able to eat without it coming back up. I crave hamburgers and french fries with LOTS of ketchup! When I can eat that again, it will be a day of victory!

In closing, I want you to know that I am praying for you and your loved ones and I am believing God for complete healing. God is a healer of EVERYTHING!

I will let you know when I get to eat my hamburger! HA!

Love,
Tammy Faye

http://www.tammyfaye.com/note20070716.asp

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 7/17/07 at 09:35 AM
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love her.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She still became wealthy by scamming a lot of people in the name of Christianity.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Your right. She did. She also to this day defends Jimmy. But I think She has still done alot of good.
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love Her. I think (hope) the scamming came from her husband and his friends/associates. What ever happened to their waterpark? I still remember some preacher going down a water slide in a suit. Good Times.
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"She still became wealthy by scamming a lot of people in the name of Christianity."

I don't think she became wealthy (if she was why do reality tv?)and I don't believe she knew what was going on as far as her former husband's shady dealings.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The fat man going down the water slide was the late Jerry Falwell, who scammed and stole the PTL and everything from the Bakers. The Bakers were no saints, but Falwell was the devil!
folkyboy Profile Photofolkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
didn't Tammy marry a SECOND scam artist too? she knew what was going on. i find it amazing how she still wants recognition for swindling people.

and that people are stupid enough to give it to her.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You have to remember that during the PTL days, she was hopped up on dolls. There is a clip in "The Eyes of Tammy Faye" where she is whacked out of her mind and can't sing the song she's supposed to sing.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I dont feel too much one way or another, but I dont get what in that letter makes her a TRUE Christian...the french fries request?

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"The fat man going down the water slide was the late Jerry Falwell, who scammed and stole the PTL and everything from the Bakers. The Bakers were no saints, but Falwell was the devil!"

Oh, I agree! It's admirable that she is religious without judging others and I feel compassion for anyone who is ill and in pain. But just because she's campy and bubbly and has become iconic doesn't absolve her of wrongdoing--which I don't think she ever admitted to (please correct me if I'm wrong).

"I don't think she became wealthy (if she was why do reality tv?)and I don't believe she knew what was going on as far as her former husband's shady dealings."

I guess you could be right. But she doesn't strike me as being stupid. And a lot of celebrities go bankrupt. Doesn't mean they weren't rich at one time. She and Jim lived pretty high on the hog by ripping off a lot of poor people.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I didn't mean anything in that article I meant just in general. I recently saw her film "The Eyes of Tammy Faye" and thought to myself she seems like a true christain. She does not judge. She seems to love everyone. She seems to practice what she preaches. I think she'll admit herself that she is flawed and not perfect.

I don't think its clear how involved she was with the corruption. Sure, I think she knew some of what was going on but she was doped up alot of the time. She doesn't seem to be very good when it comes to business. Anyway, just my 2 cents!
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
gotcha...and agree.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL! The French Fries Request!!! Love it!
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"didn't Tammy marry a SECOND scam artist too?"

She married the contractor and builder of the PTL buildings and amusement park.
JerseyGirl2 Profile PhotoJerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She is a beautiful person with a true Christian spirit. She has made mistakes, but she loves everyone and actually does the walk that very few of her faith in the public eye do.
Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When Jerry Falwell died she even said something nice about him.
Jonny boy Profile PhotoJonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I LOVE TAMMY FAYE ...... Bless her heart!!!!
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Even though I am Jewish- I like Tammy Faye. She truly has a passion for what she believes and has been a true survivor. I actually got a kick out of her talk show w/Jm J. Bullock. It's such a shame that she is going through so much pain. She just makes me smile.
Bettyboy72 Profile PhotoBettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I send Tammy Faye all my love and well wishes. She is a good person with a good heart who came to support many LGBT causes later in life. I think she is divine and hope she gets her burger and fries with lots of ketchup.

XXOO
"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile PhotoBecoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love Tammy Faye and wish the best for her.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I concur with blueroses.

"and I am believing God for complete healing."

And when it doesn't happen, can we all just agree there is no God?
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Ivan the Wonderful Profile PhotoIvan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I always thoght of her as a kind a joke. Just look at her. But hearing how you guys like her I guess there is more to her than crazy makeup and wigs.
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Unlike you, where there's less than meets the eye.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ivan, I use to think the same thing. I know it may sound weird, but go out and rent the movie "The Eyes Of Tammy Faye". It has a huge gay following (not to mention RuPaul narrates) but it is a really well done documentary. She embraces the gay community, something no evangelical has done. Theres a great quote in the film where she says, "We're all made fro the same dirt and God didn;t make any junk!" She is a christian who talks the talk and walks the walks.