Page: 1

Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!

lovinlovett Profile Photolovinlovett Profile Photo
lovinlovett
Stand-by
Stand-by
Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!#1
Posted: 7/7/07 at 10:45am
My husband and I saw Phantom in Las Vegas on Tuesday night (7/3). We absolutely loved it! That night it was Brent Barrett, Kristi Holden and Tim Martin Gleason. I really didn't know what to expect, in fact we almost didn't get tickets because I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it. We've only seen the tour in Atlanta in the past and it was only "okay" (mainly due to the terrible acoustics at the Fox), though I love the music and the story. So I was completely surprised and thrilled when I saw the new theater and chandelier. We had great seats, right Orchestra, row P. We got our tickets half price at the Tix4Tonight ticket booth and then showed up at the Venetian at 9a.m. that morning to get in line for seat assignment. The orchestra sounded great and the sound system was incredible! The sets, the costumes...all beautiful. But what stole the show was the vocal and acting talent. All the leads were superb (loved Kristi Holden!), but Brent Barrett was just breathtaking in his part...his voice...his ability to convey the despair of the phantom....he just brought me to tears at the end. For me it was practically a religious experience.

Just thought I'd share!

DrMark Profile PhotoDrMark Profile Photo
DrMark
Understudy
Understudy
re: Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!#2
Posted: 7/7/07 at 11:14am
I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I'm thinking about going to see it in December. I just had a question about getting your tickets. When you bought your tickets at Tix4Tonight, did they just give you vouchers for seats? Why did they not assign seats to you at that time? How long was the line and how long did you have to wait to get your seats?
lovinlovett
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!#2
Posted: 7/7/07 at 11:30am
Yes,we were given ticket vouchers at Tix4Tonight. We bought them the day before our show (7/2). Then we were to go to the Venetian the next day between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to get the actual tickets and seat assignments. I don't know why they do it that way. We were warned to get there early to get better seats. I arrived at the Venetian ticket booth at 9a.m. and was the first one there, but a lot more people showed up very quickly after that. There was also some confusion about whether to get in the "Will Call" line or the "Ticket Sales" line if you had vouchers. You want to get in the "Ticket Sales" line. Some people went to the wrong one and lost there place in line and got very upset. Once sales desk opened, I had my tickets within minutes and was out of there!

I would suggest going to Tix4Tonight the day before you want to see the show which will allow you to get to the Venetian early the next day for better seats.

I thought it was definitely worth the trouble for half price seats!
Updated On: 7/7/07 at 11:30 AM
antonijan Profile Photoantonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!#3
Posted: 7/7/07 at 12:05pm
Where are the Tix4Tonight located? We paid full price for Phantom and Mamma when we wen there early this year and it didn't disappoint :P

Can't wait for the Jersey Boys to open at the Palazzo Tower!
lovinlovett
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!#4
Posted: 7/7/07 at 12:22pm
Two locations: one in front of the Fashion Mall across from the Wynn hotel and one in front of MGM.

Phantom was worth a full price ticket.

We also saw Le Reve at the Wynn and it was good but I'm kind of over Cirque de Soleil type shows. I've seen two and that's enough.
lovinlovett
Stand-by
Stand-by
One more thing:

I was told while I was there that a cast recording of this production is being planned! Yeah!
zooxanthellae Profile Photozooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Glad you enjoyed it!!! Are they really planning a recording? Even though Sierra Boggess isn't in it anymore, I guess it won't be "original" Las Vegas Cast. I'd rather see an Australian recording with Anthony Warlow or a Complete ("international") recording, like they did with Les mis.
TapTapTapioca
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How much money did it cost?
I shave me Xanadu every morning!
dramadude2 Profile Photodramadude2 Profile Photo
dramadude2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I've heard this from others. I was going to see it last year but something else came up. Sadnessre: Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!
I hope to see it soon. I'm glad you enjoyed it ,though.
No one wants to see a musical called Thoroughly Modern Mildred.
lovinlovett
Stand-by
Stand-by
They were $64.50 each with taxes and fees included.
Updated On: 7/7/07 at 08:18 PM
DrMark Profile PhotoDrMark Profile Photo
DrMark
Understudy
Understudy
re: Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!#10
Posted: 7/9/07 at 3:12pm
lovinlovett, thanks so much for the helpful information!
TapTapTapioca
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!#11
Posted: 7/9/07 at 7:44pm
Where were your seats?

What other shows were up?
I shave me Xanadu every morning!
MrBundles Profile PhotoMrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!#12
Posted: 7/9/07 at 8:02pm
if you have a student ID, ticks are $35
Your fupa is showing.
whiskedaway Profile Photowhiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!#13
Posted: 7/9/07 at 8:22pm
I think someone said the student ticket prices are only for UNLV students. I could be wrong though.
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!#14
Posted: 7/9/07 at 10:36pm
The Tix4Tonight booths in Las Vegas are fabulous. Not enough people take advantage of them. The one I like to go to is under the coke bottle across NY NY. We have gotten tickets for Liza, KA, Mamma Mia, Phantom, Ann Margaret and many others that way. Glad you enjoyed Brent Barrett. If you want to know when he is on all you have to do is check his website.
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
marlomanners
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Saw Phantom-Las Vegas Spectacular!!!!#15
Posted: 7/9/07 at 11:34pm
I'm seeing it in September. Can't wait!
www.isawearthlings.com