Page: 1

sick?

Lorelai Profile PhotoLorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sick?#0
Posted: 1/1/04 at 1:25am
Last Sunday I had a major headache but it was my birthday so I went to see a show then hung out with my friends that night. I woke up Monday unable to get out of bed and have pretty much been stuck in my apartment ever since (my laptop is 5 feet from my bed, tops). I've been taking Nyquil and stuff like that but my temp is still around 101.1 and 102.9.
Everyone around here seems sick, has anyone else hit by this?
(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: sick?#1
Posted: 1/1/04 at 1:28am
I was just at a new years party, and about 7 people took Tylenol, including me. And there were more people just sleeping all over the place and recovering from sickness (or just starting to get sick).

Ugh. *goes to take medicine*
emmamia Profile Photoemmamia Profile Photo
emmamia
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: sick?#2
Posted: 1/1/04 at 11:47am
its the lovely flu i believe. i had that earlier this year. drink green tea ... after a day of that i felt alot better and even made it outside to the mailbox the next day!!

Feel better!!!
~*~ Little Boys Who Play With Fire Get Their Fingers Burned ~*~ Tanya (Mamma Mia)
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: sick?#3
Posted: 1/1/04 at 11:59am
emma, don't you mean late last year?? Or were you sick a few hours ago?
PennyLou Profile PhotoPennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: sick?#4
Posted: 1/1/04 at 3:50pm
I had a friend who had that Flu a few weeks ago she had a fever up to 104 at one point. I sick right now as well but I don't have a fever so thank goodness for that. Fell better guys.
Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!
emmamia Profile Photoemmamia Profile Photo
emmamia
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: re: re: re: sick?#5
Posted: 1/1/04 at 3:55pm
oh why yes bwayguy 2 :) ... until march or april ill finally stop writing 2003 ... i always forget ... its why i dont bother with checks that much anymore .. i always screw them up early in the year!

but green tea is wonderful drop a bit of honey in it for sweeter taste and it coats the throat pretty well also!! steams or warm baths also helped me ...
~*~ Little Boys Who Play With Fire Get Their Fingers Burned ~*~ Tanya (Mamma Mia)
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: sick?#6
Posted: 1/1/04 at 4:13pm
I like baths.
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: sick?#7
Posted: 1/1/04 at 4:17pm
yes yes.. baths are very good.
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: sick?#8
Posted: 1/1/04 at 4:23pm
This is turning into "The Talented Mr. Ripley."
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
including Phantom in a lime grren speedo as well?
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sick?#10
Posted: 1/1/04 at 6:24pm
Sorry to hear about those who are ill. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids and rest. Flu is nothing to fool around with. Once it gets a hold on you, it's tough to get rid of.

I haven't heard of green tea helping but it's liquid so certainly can't hurt. I'll try to remember that next time I'm ill.

I've only heard of taking equal parts of honey, whiskey and lemon for a bad chest cold. Mind you, if your already a heavy drinker, it won’t work but if you never touch the stuff (like me) it knocks it (and you) for a loop.   sick?
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: sick?#11
Posted: 1/1/04 at 6:42pm
Honey, whiskey and lemon juice was my mom's magic cure for a bad cough when I was little. Mmmmmm.....
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: sick?#12
Posted: 1/1/04 at 6:53pm
Be sure to wash your hands a lot.

lovinlife Profile Photolovinlife Profile Photo
lovinlife
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: re: sick?#13
Posted: 1/1/04 at 7:30pm
Recently, I was hit with the same thing and by roomate was even worse. Drink plenty of fluids, have some soup, and sleep a lot!! Feel better.
"All I want is the truth, just give me some truth!"- J. Lennon
Lorelai Profile PhotoLorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: sick?#14
Posted: 1/1/04 at 11:38pm
LOL.
Every person I have talked to has told me the soup thing. My mom at least a million times. Even the guy at the pizza place....I tend to order more than average cause i can't cook so he knows me and when I called he insisted on sending some of his soup along with my order, which was REALLY nice. No doubt. But I don't think I can eat soup ever again now. :)
(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."