Advertisement
Advertisement

Wedding Singer Review 7/22 Evening WITH A PROPOSAL!!!

ILoveWicked330
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Just got home! Everyone was in except Amy & Matt. I liked David as Sammy. He reminded me a LOT of Matt. I think his singing was better. Cara was bad as Holly. She was completly off key for Saturday Night in the City. She got better as time went on but I didn't like her that much.

So tonight was the 100th performance so Stephen went at curtain call:
"In honor of the 100th performance, we are gonna do a raffle for dinner for 2 at a restaurant. The winner is C 102."

So the guy comes up & brings his *finance* & Stephen goes:
"It's a dinner for 2 at Le Wendys. No I wrote it down. I can't find it. Shoot. I know I have it. Here entertain the crowd"

Then the guy said to his fiancee "We didn't win any contest. honey I love you blah blah." Then he yelled to her father who was in the mezz if it was ok for him to marry her and then he got on his knee & proposed. It was an amazing sight. Access Hollywood was there & I got interviewed after!! *Watch Monday Night @ 7:30, NBC!!*

At the stage door after, everyone came out except Felicia. Laura ran through the crowd....literally.

Updated On: 7/23/06 at 12:49 AM
gustof777 Profile Photogustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
oh my god what an awesome evening. Yelling to the Dad! how funny. Ahh Wish I could have been there.
RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~
Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I always thought Laura usually stayed to meet fans. That surprises me about Felicia too. Guess they just had other plans they had to get to.
"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
he got down on his knee and was like "honey, i love you so much. oh crap i forgot to ask your father for permission. *yells into balcony for the father, who stands up waving with excitement*. is it okay if i marry your daughter?" father responds with an enthusiastic "absolutely!"

it was literally adorable. the girl was crying hysterically, and it was really beautiful. thats the 3rd proposal i've witnessed in my life and they never get old!
thespian geek Profile Photothespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That? Is a pretty unique way of proposing. I love it! re: Wedding Singer Review 7/22 Evening WITH A PROPOSAL!!! Congrats to the couple, hehe!
Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wasn't there a proposal back towards the beginning of the show's run also? Could have sworn there was a "photo coverage" of it on BWW.
"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
ILoveWicked330
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It was weird with Laura. She made herself visible at the stage door like "Yeah I WAS Julia 5 minutes ago. Yeah I'm cool". Then like 10 people came rushing out of the stage door and she mixed in with them and left.

Not sure why Felicia didn't come out. Probably drying all her tears! She was histerical at curtain call BEFORE the proposal started!

Cara Cooper said the cast had extra energy tonight as there were obviously all notified before the show.

Access Hollywood and *hopefully it was* Broadway.com videoed the proposal. I know one camera was Access Hollywood. The other coulda been Bway.com or just their own photographer. Either way it'll be on tv.
gustof777 Profile Photogustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeah there was but i remember reading about it on here and seeing the pics
RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~
CurtainPullDowner Profile PhotoCurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wish them Luck.
But that sound's tacky considering the show's premise,
Beauty and the Beast or even Phantom seem like a better choice.
whatyouown223 Profile Photowhatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Light in the Piazza would have been great.
nomdeplume
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Great publicity for the show.

I wonder what would happen if the young woman declines?

Or is unhappy with the lack of privacy in the proposal?

I don't see how they could really do it as a surprise without taking chances. And on television? How could you show that? The woman would be ready to sue.

And are they going to do proposals where the woman asks the man?
bwaylvsong
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow! I saw the right two shows today, but at the wrong times. Apparently, an actual Spelling Bee winner was one of the spellers at today's matinee. Of course, I saw the evening performance. I saw the matinee of Wedding Singer, also. If only I could go back in time and switch the two performances...
iluvtheatertrash
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just remember that it isn't an actor's job to sign autographs.

Laura is one of the most gracious women in the business. But even the extremely gracious and kind ones have a night where they're just itching to get home. Don't forget that she's been sick - give her a break. Or she might have had to run somewhere and was running late because of the proposal.

Felicia is also extremely sweet. She's usually one of the last to leave the actual barricades because she spends so much time chatting with fans. She might've had somewhere to go tonight and ran out the other door.
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman
Updated On: 7/23/06 at 02:03 AM
.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
they've done numerous proposal's at WS and no one has said no yet. not to jinx it or anything, just saying...

its part of the marketing done for this show, to encourage proposals. the ppl who flyer for the show at TKTS and other places always mention that its great for bridal parties or surprise proposals.
Updated On: 7/23/06 at 02:33 AM
muscle23ftl Profile Photomuscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This show is very romantic to beginn with, and the perfect show for a marriage proposal. Anyways, Laura and Felicia are usually very nice to the fans. What a great evening!!!
"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
broadway_show_fan Profile Photobroadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
AWWWWWW

Again... makes me wish I had been at the show for either performance today!

bwaylvsong... you saw the two shows that I wish I could've seen! Lucky ducky!

ILoveWicked330 - I wouldn't have cared if Cara was doing the show in sign language! I love Cara to pieces!
flaemmchen Profile Photoflaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Wedding Singer is one of those shows where it's actually ideal to propose. There was a proposal when I saw the show a few months ago, and it was extremely moving; I don't think there was a dry eye in the theatre. Last night's proposal sounded just as lovely. Congratulations to the couple!
"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth
bdwaygirl Profile Photobdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When I saw it the first time, April 29, there was a proposal. No one was crying that I could see, except for the bride to be and a couple of the women up on stage. The groom to be was extremely nervous. It was sweet.

I heard about this proposal on WPLJ when I was driving into work this morning.
I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Updated On: 7/24/06 at 07:42 AM
Mirama
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I was there too. What a great night! But FYI on all the Felica not coming out talk, she did come out, just much later than everyone else. Maybe about 10-15 minutes after Kevin left. It looked like she had people with her so she was probably hanging around backstage with friends/family. She even hung around the barricade for awhile chatting with people, but the autograph seekers were pretty much all gone.

(BTW, I was waiting for someone which is why I witnessed all this)
zippyjen Profile Photozippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i will look out for that on tv. I was there a few weeks ago at a saterday matinee and stephen achknowledged a bachlorette party. What made that great was some guy screamed out "sing craig" as in stephen's song about jesus' brother. yeah it was great. I think these propossals are great fun and they go hand in hand with the plot of the show.
"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!
Mikey3
Stand-by
Stand-by
WOW...many people were there,I was there too!
I wrote a short review on other thread "Love is what we do! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread". It's great to know many people here have same experience of that night! Just amazing~

I was a stupid boyfriend...I asked my girlfriend would she say yes or no if I propose this way~haha~ I think you already knew the answer...
Stand-by
Stand-by
I just wanna say that I was at the show where the FIRST proposal was done (opening weekend) and it was the cutest thing! Talk about an AMAZING way to end an AMAZING show! and it fits perfectly!
EverythingIsRENT Profile PhotoEverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OMG I was JUST thinking that show would be such a great way to propose and wonder if it would ever happen after the curtain call! That is so romantic!! I hope I get a proposal like that one day!
Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ha ha, thats my dream too! i would love to get proposed to at the end of my FAVORITE show!! that would be AMAZING!!!!!!
ILoveMyDictionary Profile PhotoILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
aww that's amazing. My brother got married on the 22nd. lol.

Advertisement