Page: 1

The "Wicked" Tony's??

tpdc
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Joel Grey might have been a shoo-in nomination if he had better material but his songs and scenes are the weakest in WICKED. And with Douglas Sills, the BIG RIVER guys, the ASSASSINS guys, Raul Esparza, Jarrod Emick And Mitchel Federan, I think Grey is a long shot at a nomination.
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree with Namo, the ailing Butz won't get a nod. But Joel Grey, come on, he'll get the Don Amici in COCOON nomination, no? (And he can probably break dance without a stunt double.)
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: The 'Wicked' Tony's??#2
Posted: 12/21/03 at 9:46pm
Personally, I hope AVENUE Q wins for Best Score.

I'm of the school that thinks WICKED would be better WITHOUT the ho-hums-ville songs.
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
bernadette88
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The "Wicked" Tony's??#3
Posted: 12/21/03 at 2:37pm
Hey...I haven't seen Wicked YET, but I can't stop listening to the CD...I just can't help but wonder how many Tony's there gonna get! Personally, I hope they nominate Idina for best leading actress, and then Kristin for best supposrting actress...Then they can both with the Tony...I think the show will be the biggest Tony winner of the year...What other things do you think they may win or get nominated for??
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The 'Wicked' Tony's??#4
Posted: 12/21/03 at 2:38pm
scenic design most definately
they have a lock on supporting actor nods
costume desigbn
orchestrations
lighting design

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: The 'Wicked' Tony's??#5
Posted: 12/21/03 at 5:49pm
"they have a lock on supporting actor nods"

Not with that awful woman playing Nessarose and that awfuler man playing Fiyero they don't. Unless they nominate Taye, even though he didn't originate. That would be awemazing for him and Idina.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
tpdc
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: The 'Wicked' Tony's??#6
Posted: 12/21/03 at 6:07pm
The publicist has already said both actresses are being considered in the leading actress category. They should be. I would be very surprised if anyone from WICKED is nominated for supporting actor.
JoizeyActor Profile PhotoJoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: The 'Wicked' Tony's??#7
Posted: 12/21/03 at 6:38pm
I hope Joel Grey isn't nominated for this because he's some legend -- he wasn't that great in Wicked.
Nessarose
Swing
Swing
re: re: re: re: re: The 'Wicked' Tony's??#8
Posted: 1/1/04 at 11:59pm
I dont think Nessa was that bad, don't think shes my favorite bc of my name , i just think its a pretty name, buti dont think Joel Grey should get it, or Nessa, but Idina should get best leading actress, I def. think it'll be big at the Tonys
IT SUCKS TO BE ME!

Page: 1