Page: 1

Cold Mountain

Lorelai Profile PhotoLorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cold Mountain#0
Posted: 12/13/03 at 11:40pm
I've actually been following the production of this film for quite some time. I've seen some trailers recently and I really think it's going to good....anyone else planning to see it?
(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cold Mountain#1
Posted: 12/14/03 at 12:12am
Just saw a trailer for it today. Jude Law and Phillip Seymor Hoffman? I'm so there.
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Cold Mountain#2
Posted: 12/14/03 at 5:16am
Hm, I didn't see the trailer with Philip Seymour Hoffman yet....

The cast is fabulous though...I love Nicole Kidman and Jude Law...plus Renee Zellweger, Natalie Portman, Donald Sutherland, Giovanni Ribisi.....I can't think of anyone else right now but... good cast!

ALMOST as good as The Hours last year, IMHO I still think that film had one of the best casts ever assembled for a film.

I got the book, (of the same name but I'm not sure if I want to read it before or after I see the film. I read The Hours last year before the film and it was fine, but with some films it ruins parts of the film.
(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."
ErikJ972 Profile PhotoErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Cold Mountain#3
Posted: 12/14/03 at 9:25am
Jude Law makes me sweat
JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Cold Mountain#4
Posted: 12/14/03 at 3:21pm
The advert I saw didn't look that great, just looked typical Nicole Kidman *whisper to the camera and it'll be OK*. That being said, I love The Others and thought The Hours was excellent if a little uncinematic.
thirdrowcenter Profile Photothirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Cold Mountain#5
Posted: 12/15/03 at 11:09am
Philip Seymour Hoffman is in Cold Mountain? I am so there also.
PSH was sooo good in Long Day's Journey Into Night by the way
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Cold Mountain#6
Posted: 12/15/03 at 11:25am
ThirdRow, Long Day's Journey was a phenomenal cast with Robert, Phillip and Vanessa (and.... well, we always make mistakes with Brian Dennehey). But can you imagine the unmitigated ego backstage? It must have been beautiful.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Cold Mountain#7
Posted: 12/15/03 at 3:25pm
I hope it's better than the book. I simply couldn't get through it. I think P S Hoffman is incredibly talented, but overused. I'm getting so tired of seeing him in so many films. Just heard there's a new Spielberg movie on the horizon starring.....Tom Hanks.....AGAIN. Something about being perpetually trapped in an airport, or on an island, or in a space capsule, or in WWII, or in ALabama, or with a deadly disease, or with Leonardo DeCaprio, or Meg Ryan.....

I'm sure there are other actors in Hollywood.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Cold Mountain#8
Posted: 12/17/03 at 2:52pm
LOL Mister Matt.

I *think* the movie you are talking about it called "The Terminal"? Something like that with an airport...but I think that's it.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Cold Mountain#9
Posted: 12/18/03 at 10:51am
Yeah! That's the one!
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian