Page: 1

Just came back from seeing Anthony Rapp...

millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There was a whole crowd of people standing in the lobby of the Wang Center, waiting to hear Anthony read about 15 minutes from his memoir. He read a section regarding Johnathan Larsen. Then he sang Seasons of Love with four area college students. Did anyone go?
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
bump
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
zippyjen Profile Photozippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My friend went. I couldn't go since i had work.
"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What was the occaision?
pointpark kyle Profile Photopointpark kyle Profile Photo
pointpark kyle
Understudy
Understudy
Which event was this?
luvtheEmcee Profile PhotoluvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Part of his book tour.
A work of art is an invitation to love.
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sadly, I didn't get any pictures because my battery had been low and died. I figured I could get about 2 or 3 pictures, since I've been able to do that before on a low battery, but the damn thing just wouldn't hold up...

Oh and I *might* see Adam on Friday at BU Central, but I'm not sure if I'm going because I might be busy.
meagan9848 Profile Photomeagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
After his appearance at the Wang he spoke at my school. Never did I imagine that he would be such an excellent speaker, so much pride and passion. After he read, he took some questions, sang Seasons of Love, and then took the time to sign copies of his book (or anything else people brought with them.) I had him sign my invitation to the Rent benefit, and he asked me if I was going. I told him I was working on the financial aspect, and that if it were at all possible that I would be there. He took his time to get through the line, not making anyone feel rushed. I respected the man a ton before I met him, and now, if possible, I respect him even more. Truly a great guy.
Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05
wickedobsessed Profile Photowickedobsessed Profile Photo
wickedobsessed
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I went to the event at the Wang Center. It was crowded, but not to crowded. Here is my story. Me and my friend got in and saw random people with yellow and green slips. Then we realized that without a slip you couldn't get the book signed, because Anthony had to be to Northeastern at 8:00. He said that he would sign as many as he could, and that he had to stop at 7:30. So, we waited. Then, at promptly 7:05, I was waiting write at the entrance (the one you had to get in to go down the stairs into the other loby to get the book signed) when the guy said "Come On!" I WAS SO EXCITED! I was second in line, and got to meet him and everything! What a great guy. He was like, "Thank you for waiting!" AND I WAS LIKE "THANK YOU FOR LETTING US GET OUR BOOKS SINGED!" I told him that I was just in a production of "Oliver!", becuase I knew that he played the part 4 times. Really a nice NICE guy. They whole event was great. Got plenty of of pictures to remember it too! GREAT day.
Zach
meagan9848 Profile Photomeagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
At the Wang did he sign in the actual theatre?
Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05
ACTlete676 Profile PhotoACTlete676 Profile Photo
ACTlete676
Stand-by
Stand-by
Omg wickedobsessed the same thing happend to me! He signed in a large room below the foyer of the Wang. Hes such a nice guy, he made sure he signed everyones. I asked him if he knew wether or not he would be doing a masterclass at Interlochen this summer for the musical theatre students and he said he was trying. Such a fun night!
Who says blondes have more fun on the French Riviera?
brendcat
Swing
Swing
Anthony is a busy man. Just saw him tonight with his band in St. Louis perform a benefit for the local Pride group. Not a long show, but wonderful. Afterwards, Anthony took time to sign and was great with everyone. Loved his Radiohead cover.

Page: 1