Stand-by
Check out these great photos from JLY's caricature unveiling at Sardi's:
https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=7776

Jersey Boys Blog: http://www.jerseyboysblog.com/
Zimmy Profile PhotoZimmy Profile Photo
Zimmy
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Does he really deserve this already? I think they are getting rather liberal with their selections - not that I doubt his perfromance isn't great. I just don't think he's wall material at Sardi's yet.
Katurian2 Profile PhotoKaturian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yay! He totally deserves this ! Even though this is his first Broadway role, he proves he can role with the big boys. I'm so happy for him! Congrats, John!
"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck
Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He deserves much more.
They need to do one of Daniel Reichard.
re: John Lloyd Young's Caricature Unveiled at Sardi's
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i am confused..getting a sardi's caricature used to be reserved for the stars who had a career behind them or legends. i am not saying he doesn't deserve it. it just seems weird. he hasn't even been nominated or won a tony yet! but good for him anyway.
PJ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love me some JLY.
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
JLY is very special. I am so happy for him.
He is such a great guy. This is the start of a very big career.
He deserves it. Nice to see a talented guy at the top.
re: John Lloyd Young's Caricature Unveiled at Sardi's
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Corine2- Are you his mother too?
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
but thats what i am saying...a sardi's charicature usually doesn't come at the BEGINNING of someone's career. it used to be an honor and celebration of a great career that has been and still IS...
correct me if i am wrong...and i know you will! thats my new favorite thing to say! =)
The Distinctive Baritone Profile PhotoThe Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You know, after David Hasselhoff got one, it all became worthless anyway.
Fosse76
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree. He isn't yet deserving of this honor. Personally, I don't think he's THAT great. He stands out because all the other characters in Jersey Boys are practically cartoonish.
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You people should be ashamed of yourselves. JLY, sings and dances his little heart out 8 times a week.
He was honored with this, be happy for him.
I am. The man is talented, intelligent and a great performer.
It took a lot of hard work and talent. He deserves it.
JerseyGirl2 Profile PhotoJerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
JLY, sings and dances his little heart out 8 times a week.

Doesn't pretty much everyone on Broadway? and Off-Broadway and Off-off...
Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Fosse76
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"You people should be ashamed of yourselves. JLY, sings and dances his little heart out 8 times a week.
He was honored with this, be happy for him.
I am. The man is talented, intelligent and a great performer.
It took a lot of hard work and talent. He deserves it."

There are many actors on Broadway who give and/or gave better performances in their Broadway debut...none of them are up at Sardis.
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But did the rest of them endure going through an "interview" at www.corinescorner.net?
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
DreamFlyer22 Profile PhotoDreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, at least I'M with you, Corine2... JLY totally deserves this honor. Well done!
*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dream-
JLY was honored. I am sick of the bitter people on this site.
Additionally, I would be happy for anyone honored.
ruprecht Profile Photoruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh my, Corine. That new photo of you on www.corinescorner.com is glam!! I see your site is suddenly flooded with promotion of Federico Salon, who is credited with doing your hair in the pic--I guess you got out of paying for the cut? Either way, looking good!

Either way, don't the producers pay for Sardi's caricatures? It's not based on anything other than money, no?
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dang boy, HOT CARICATURE! Yummy John. re: John Lloyd Young's Caricature Unveiled at Sardi's
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
DreamFlyer22 Profile PhotoDreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ruprecht... good mention. I was going to equate this to the Hollywood Walk of Fame... a star is mostly there if you have the $$ to cough up for it. It's an honor, it's a big deal, but it's not like there was some HUGE popularity contest where everyone and their brother took a vote before you were allowed on.

And Corine... Bitter people, especially on this site, seem to be a sad fact of internet message board life. Lovely, no? *rolls eyes*
*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photonew_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well no matter how it came about that he got asked to do the caricature, I say GOOD FOR HIM. I am so happy for him!!
Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643
Fosse76
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When people like Jason Biggs have caricatures, then you know that this means nothing. It used to be only big stars would get this hobor, now anyone it seems can get it.
Madame X Profile PhotoMadame X Profile Photo
Madame X
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Same for the wall of fame at Tony's. You don't need a long, prosperous career to get your portrait up. You just need to be on stage.

Does the theatre world have any "hall/wall of fame" left to honor those who have had legendary careers? (not those who are just starting out or who are famous before they hit the stage)
"Some of us have it worse, you know, Dana. Some of us are dating lesbian men. Okay? C'mon."
Fosse76
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Gershwin Lobby is the "official" Hall of fame. It doesn't seem to have any "new" talent there. So as of now that seems more appropriate.
jacobtsf Profile Photojacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes, the Hall of Fame is much more credible than Sardis (where a caricature, as mentioned before, can be bought).
David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel