Lestat Video Blog!

EponineThenardier Profile PhotoEponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lestat Video Blog!#0
Posted: 2/23/06 at 9:13pm
More shows should do this. :) Very very cool.

Clicky clicky!
Updated On: 3/21/06 at 09:13 PM
Radioactiveduck Profile PhotoRadioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hugh Panaro freaking ROCKS! He should have stayed in Phantom and gotten that Best Actor in an Old Show Tony Award.
ruprecht Profile Photoruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hugh wouldn't have been eligible for a Tony had he stayed in Phantom. He'd have to be new... Having said that, I love the video diary. Hopefully he'll get nominated for a "Best Actor in a NEW Show" Tony.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What a great job they did on the video blogs! Hugh's having a great time and it shows! Although it would be great if he got a Tony nod...let's not jinx it quite yet, ok guys?! LOL! :)

~Rosalynn
SayitSomehow
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Sounds like the changes are numerous.

2 new songs! I wonder if they were like, "uhh Elton, we need two hits, two showstoppers, two songs to make the CD worth buying."

Either way I'm super stoked to see it!
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Playbill's been doing a great job with their production blog as well since January..

http://www.playbill.com/lestat/
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
BobbyBubby Profile PhotoBobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No Carolee? Bwaaaaaaaaah!
LizzieCurry Profile PhotoLizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My first thought: That's very cute.

My second thought: Are they trying to show up Playbill?
"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
EponineThenardier
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was really hopeing that they would turn the show around before it came to Broadway. And after seeing these first few videos and hearing the new changes, I truly think they are going to pull this show back on the right track. Very exciting. :)
ruprecht
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Playbill's seems very pre-packaged, no? It's not about what's happening to the show now.
Chrysanthemum62001
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As talented and as beautiful as he is, I found that to be quite boring. I'm looking forward to the show. I don't really know what to expect, but either way it should be an experience.
"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL
EponineThenardier
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I found it fasinating (just Hugh's parts anyway). I can imagine that for anyone who didn't see it in previews are going "Huh?"

Did you see it in previews mum62001?
Chrysanthemum62001
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No, I didn't. So I had no idea what he was talking about. Even though he sure is pretty...

I can't decide if I want to see it during Broadway previews, or wait until after opening night. Any suggestions?
"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was really interested in what he had to say (and I saw Lestat three times, good god). I didn't expect to be that impressed by the apparent changes. And by "that impressed" I mean "more than not at all." re: Broadway.com's Behind the Scenes of Lestat Video Blog!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm very interested in the new songs and the new scene changes as well. But true, I think folks that had the opportunity to see it in SF understand what Hugh was trying to convey better. I'm excited to be able to compare the SF version and the Broadway version!

~Rosalynn
EponineThenardier
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I for one am VERY glad they are ditching the historical/ancient God /dess vampire stuff. Every time that was in the show, I started zoning off. There are so many leading characters and some of them need more beefing up, so that time can now go to them.

I want to hear about the Armand character changes.
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Especially since the supposed "rethinking" of the character didn't seem all that apparent after Noseworthy left. IMO...
EponineThenardier
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I also want to know if Marius stills has his big "Elphaba moment" as someone put it. :)
ruprecht
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Big Elphaba moment?!? Does he stand on a moving platform and pretend he's flying?
jimnysf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
At the end of the first act he rises above the stage. The night I saw it, the audience did not respond to that scene at all since many were asleep by that point. Some of them never returned for the second Act.

I still think it will be a miracle if they pull this off.
"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jimnysf: I agr ee with you on this one.
EponineThenardier
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Alison Fischer made a quick apperance on the blog. There is also a nifty video diary on the set design. =)
Kevinoes Profile PhotoKevinoes Profile Photo
Kevinoes
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Well, glad to hear the show is making to a turn for the better. i hope teh audience agrees.
On a dumb/random note, Hugh is so adoreable. Love the shag! I just want to put him in my pocket and carry him around with me :)
EponineThenardier
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He is a sweetie isn't he? re: Broadway.com's Behind the Scenes of Lestat Video Blog! I loved his little piano playing thing at the end of one of the blogs.
thez914 Profile Photothez914 Profile Photo
thez914
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Hm...two "first ever" inside looks at the same show. It sounds like the producers are really in need of some positive energy in the weeks leading up to opening. On that note...

It totally worked. I definitely am pulling for the production after seeing and relating with the many minds at work on it. The segment by the producer really caused me to feel sympathy for the crew and performers after realizing how much was riding on the (desired) success of the show. Not that this is any different from any other Broadway debut, but you have to admit - the idea to bring people 'behind-the-scenes' is pretty genius.
"Art is always in crisis: you must work fast to write in the breath on the window." -Edward Bond