Page: 1

Leader of the Pack???

milliemarch
Stand-by
Stand-by
Leader of the Pack???#0
Posted: 2/21/06 at 4:51pm
Hi everyone!
I just found out a local theatre is doing Leader of the Pack this summer, and plan on auditioning for it, but I would like to buy the cast recording and can't find it. Is there even one available?? Thanks.
BroadwayDoc Profile PhotoBroadwayDoc Profile Photo
BroadwayDoc
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Leader of the Pack???#1
Posted: 2/21/06 at 4:53pm
It was only available on LP (two versions, a complete 2 set and a highlights version) as well as cassette. Sadly, no CD has ever been issued.
Soozie
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Leader of the Pack???#2
Posted: 2/24/06 at 12:56am
While it is true that there is not a CD of Leader of the Pack....there is a CD of Ellie Greenwich's music. My daughter played Ellie Greenwich in Leader of the Pack and so I found a CD of her music which at least gives you some idea since this musical is a revue of her songs.
DancerGirl16 Profile PhotoDancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Leader of the Pack???#3
Posted: 2/24/06 at 10:06pm
I know there is no leader of the pack cds and that ellie greenwich obviously has cds

but is Rock of Rages (sheet music and music) anywhere?

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Leader of the Pack???#4
Posted: 2/24/06 at 10:28pm
I have the 2 album OBCR which I bought in 1987. It's a fun recording though I haven't listened to it in ages.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile PhotoInfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Leader of the Pack???#5
Posted: 2/24/06 at 11:01pm
Oh my goodness. I was in this show a few years ago, so I have a big love for it, despite it's so- so aspects. I had no idea there was any kind of recording!!! I would give anything to hear it- anyone know where I can find the LP or cassette? Any help would be SO appreciated.
[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Leader of the Pack???#6
Posted: 2/24/06 at 11:06pm
I adore this show. I was in it my freshman year of high school. This was one of Broadway's first "jukebox" musicals, and it's a really good one too. Very much in the spirit of JERSEY BOYS, it's a biopic. I would love to see a revival one of these days. The music is wonderful. (By the way, we need Annie Golden back on Broadway sometime soon. She rocked in THE FULL MONTY a few years back.)

I was always wondering if there was a cast recording of LEADER OF THE PACK. Man, I'd love if they'd turn it into a CD.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile PhotoInfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Leader of the Pack???#7
Posted: 2/24/06 at 11:09pm
Just bought the LP from amazon.com zshops.... I work fast!
Can't WAIT to hear Rock of Rages re: Leader of the Pack??? eeeeee!
[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.