Page: 1

I Just Wanna Dance -- Jerry Springer Opera HELP!

BoxOfficeJon Profile PhotoBoxOfficeJon Profile Photo
BoxOfficeJon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Okay so here is the story:
I was at this little hole in the wall bar last night with all my friends and suddenly we hear this fabulous black girl start singing. We are like hmmm this sounds nice. Well She Goes: I just wanna dance. And it becomes this great dance remix of this song. I thought WOW! This is a great song. So I went to the dj and she said it was Wayne G's remix of a song from Jerry Springer:The Opera. I WANT THIS SONG! ANYONE HELP ME? PLEASE! I will pay money for it! Or whatever. My best friend loved the song and his birthday is coming up and I think he would get a kick out of me getting if for him for his birthday! THANKS!!!!!
...this is wrong on so many levels... Diane Lane in "Must Love Dogs" "If you have poo, now is the time to fling it" -- The Monkey's from Madagascar
Updated On: 2/19/06 at 03:46 PM
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's a remix by a British DJ. My bf and heard it on an RSVP cruise this summer and loved it. It was so popular that DJ Robbie Leslie played it over and over and we couldn't get it out of our heads for months.

I don't give a f*ck no more
If people say I am a whore.
I just want to dance.
I just want to dance.
I just want to f*cking dance.

Catchy, no?
BoxOfficeJon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love it. I cannot wait to get it. I love the song. Is the show music like that or ?? Now I have to buy the cd. and I saw that there is a DVD out of it.. Is it only PAL or is it no region coded
...this is wrong on so many levels... Diane Lane in "Must Love Dogs" "If you have poo, now is the time to fling it" -- The Monkey's from Madagascar
ThunderCat8
Understudy
Understudy
I have the Original cast recording, but there is no dance remix of I just wanna dance on it. That's my favourite song from the Opera and I'd love to hear a dance remix of it! Anyone know where one can get it?
jasonf Profile Photojasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's my favorite song from the opera also -- when I pared down my ipod list because it was getting too full I took off the full opera and left like three songs - and that was one of them.

I would LOVE to hear the remix! Is it on itunes?
Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.
leeinlondon
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Hi Jon !! long time no speak !!!

Firstly the song is sung by Alison Jiear who is a white lady but I can understand you thinkng she is black from her voice. Alison starred in the the original cast of the Naitonal Theatre Jerry Springer and she moved with the production to the West End.

Here she is in the show:

http://tinyurl.com/lee87

Secondly the remix wasn't released I don't think but was circulated in clubs...

You can download it from many sites OR I can send you a CD.

lee.wilson@gmail.com

Cheers, Lee
BoxOfficeJon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lee! How are you doing? I hope you are well...

Anyway, I have an Alison Jiear cd that I have now on rotation in the cd player in my car (the commute allows me to listen to 2 cds a day!)

I hope that someone will find it in their kind heart to send it to me. re: I Just Wanna Dance -- Jerry Springer Opera HELP! I know I have had some offers (not THAT kind of offer) but I hope they come thru.

alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Alison Jiear is an Australian who went to London as one of the original members of a girl trio act who sang hits of the sixties called The Fabulous Singlettes. She did quite a bit of theatre work here (Australia) and can also be heard on the Australian Cast Album of NINE.
AuditioningWaitress
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I loved The Fabulous Singlettes in the Australian production of THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE...