Page: 1

Sunday in the Park and A Little Night Music...

Thesbijean
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was wondering if anyone (Margo) knows if these shows in there year and a half year runs made back everything?
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why don't you just PM Margo instead?
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
MargoChanning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Little Night Music turned a profit, but Sunday In the Park didn't.
"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
Thesbijean
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am sure ither people might be interested, and it wasn't a personal message. This is a BROADWAY Message Board, is it not?
broadwaygiant19122 Profile Photobroadwaygiant19122 Profile Photo
broadwaygiant19122
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Wasn't Night Music Sondheim's only show to turn a profit? at least, the only of his original productions..i don't know much about the assassins revival,etc
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Forum did as well, I think

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

broadwaygiant19122
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
yeah? hmm , i dont know..interested in finding out though.
MargoChanning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
FORUM was a major hit, running over two years and spawning a film version. I believe the last revival with Nathan Lane was also profitable.

COMPANY, A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC, and INTO THE WOODS also all turned a profit (and according to Prince, the original production of SWEENEY actually finally broke even about a decade after it closed on Broadway). I also believe that the revue SIDE BY SIDE BY SONDHEIM made a profit.

The recent revivals of ASSASSINS, PACIFIC OVERTURES, THE FROGS and FOLLIES were all produced by not-for-profits and so one cannot determine profit or loss.
"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
broadwaygiant19122
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
oh wow! i was mistaken and happy to hear it.. i couldn't only one of sondheiim's masterpieces actually makign a parofit. Thanks , Margo!.