Page: 1

Pay What You Can Shows

millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pay What You Can Shows#0
Posted: 2/15/06 at 12:46pm
This actually doesn't really have anything to do with the Chita show, since you have to write in to explain how much you would pay for a ticket and why, and they take submissions on a first come first serve basis. My question actually regards shows where you pay "whatever you can," usually at the door. How lenient are they with this? Surely someone cannot get in for only $1...
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
melissa errico fan Profile Photomelissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pay What You Can Shows#1
Posted: 2/15/06 at 3:50pm
They do it all the time at Playwrights Horizons. The suggested donation is $5 per ticket.
hushpuppy Profile Photohushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Pay What You Can Shows#2
Posted: 2/15/06 at 4:57pm
I'm not wealthy by any means, but I always try to give at least twice the suggested amount to subsidize others who cannot afford to pay anything. I remember what it was like to be a starving college student. But then, last week while in San Francisco I gave $20 to a homeless guy because 1) he was really cute and 2) he promised to use it to buy alcohol and not food, so I may have more money than brains (at least on payday)
'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'
myManCape Profile PhotomyManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pay What You Can Shows#3
Posted: 2/15/06 at 5:31pm
hushpuppy> Isnít that a little backwards? If you donít think so you'll love the "Why Lie I Need Beer" Guy outside of the Hardrock Cafe. (Former WWF Restaurant )
"Have they come yet?"
RentBoy86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pay What You Can Shows#4
Posted: 2/15/06 at 7:19pm
a cute homeless guy? I don't think i've ever seen an attractive homeless person ever. whether it a bag lady or a bum. haha. sorry, that story is great though. and yes, it sucks to be a poor college student, but honestly, id feel embarassed to give just a $1.
hushpuppy Profile Photohushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Pay What You Can Shows#5
Posted: 2/15/06 at 7:22pm
Nope. I didn't it backwards. There are plenty of places to get a free meal, but I've yet to find a place to get a free drink
'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'
CurtainPullDowner Profile PhotoCurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pay What You Can Shows#6
Posted: 2/15/06 at 7:48pm
I went to George Street Playhouse and they were just happening to have a "pay what you want" night, and i was just too embarrased to pay 1 dollar, so i gave then $20 and saw a great show for what I consider a bargain.