Page: 1

Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out

Vespertine1228 Profile PhotoVespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#0
Posted: 2/12/06 at 11:32am
Am I the only one a little surprised that there's still a large number of tickets available for Richard Greenberg's Three Days of Rain, which not only features Julia Roberts in her Broadway debut, but is also directed by Joe Mantello?

I would've thought tickets would be gone in two seconds, like for The Odd Couple or other recent big Broadway debuts such as Raisin in the Sun or Julius Caesar. Telecharge has tons of tickets left, and I'm trying to decide if I want one now, or would rather hold out and try to standing room it on a weekend.

Is it because people are unfamiliar with the play? The material is too serious? I don't know. Her two male costars don't really have name recognition, although you've probably seen both of them in a movie before.

Someone explain.
JerseyScoundrel
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#1
Posted: 2/12/06 at 11:55am
Most people are being carefull with buying tickets after the whole Odd Couple presale.
"This is a stupid story. It never stops. But we keep making lemonade! We're opening the biggest f***ing lemonade stand you ever saw!" -Walter Bobbie after a long day of Sweet Charity Rehersals (Newyorkmetro.com)
Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#2
Posted: 2/12/06 at 12:01pm
None of the shows you mentioned were sold out. On any given night, there are many tickets available for OC; and there were many tickets available for Raisin and Caesar.
frogs_fan85 Profile Photofrogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#3
Posted: 2/12/06 at 2:12pm
There are many tickets still available right now for the nine week extenstion of the Odd Couple as well.

EDIT- For typo
Updated On: 2/12/06 at 02:12 PM
MargoChanning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#4
Posted: 2/12/06 at 2:22pm
Not sure what you mean by a "ton of seats" left. There are no orchestra seats available for the entire run and there's very little left in the front mezz. There are some scattered rear mezz seats available here and there, but the run is roughly 98+% sold out, already and previews don't even start for a month and a half. There are maybe a few dozen non-premium seats left for the entire run -- I wouldn't call that "a ton."
"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
melissa errico fan Profile Photomelissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#5
Posted: 2/12/06 at 3:01pm
The show is completely sold out on weekends for most, if not all, of its run (save for premium seats). The scattered mezz seats that Margo mentioned are mostly for Wednesday matinees and mid-week evenings. I'd say the show is pretty well-sold.
Vespertine1228 Profile PhotoVespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#6
Posted: 2/12/06 at 9:56pm
Hmmmm. Perhaps I spoke too soon. It's just that every show I've been looking for tickets at, including a weekend or two, had non-premium tickets available.

Am I living in some type of alternative awesome ticket universe?
Thesbijean
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#7
Posted: 2/12/06 at 9:57pm
Apparently so?
BSoBW3 Profile PhotoBSoBW3 Profile Photo
BSoBW3
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#8
Posted: 2/12/06 at 9:59pm
Are you searching for the right show?
The smallest stream is a valent river. It will drown me if it can.
vivs678
Understudy
Understudy
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#9
Posted: 2/12/06 at 9:59pm
this may be a long shot, but it probably doesn't help that broadway.com says that tickets are still unavailable.
that's where i'd been scouting out earliest possible tickets until i happened upon broadwayworld and realized they were still selling.
WickedGeek28 Profile PhotoWickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#10
Posted: 2/12/06 at 10:06pm
For some reason, Broadway.com always says that a show is sold out but when at the box office there are seats left.
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird
vivs678
Understudy
Understudy
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#11
Posted: 2/12/06 at 10:08pm
no, i mean, broadway.com says "tickets: on sale soon" still.
MargoChanning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#12
Posted: 2/12/06 at 10:16pm
Um, why not check with telecharge.com which does the actual selling?
"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
vivs678
Understudy
Understudy
re: Three Days of Rain NOT Sold Out#13
Posted: 2/12/06 at 10:25pm
i already have tickets, i was just saying. if people *are* looking at broadway.com (which would probably seem like a logical place to search for theatre tickets), it would say that they're not on sale yet.