Page: 1

New Cast of DOUBT - Reviews?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
New Cast of DOUBT - Reviews?#0
Posted: 1/19/06 at 2:24am
Where are the reviews for the new cast of DOUBT? I assume critics were invited back (once Eileen Atkins began).
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Cast of DOUBT - Reviews?#1
Posted: 1/19/06 at 2:50am
The reviews will be a couple of weeks or so away. This is sorta like a preview period, though from what people have told me and from what I can hear--this cast isn't in need of that!

I think this show is definitely going to be worth seeing again. The three actors, especially Dame Atkins, bring a new light to the characters. And, Ms. Lenox has only become more astonishing as she has flourished in her role.
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Cast of DOUBT - Reviews?#2
Posted: 1/19/06 at 8:23am
I hope I hope I hope I get to see the new cast soon.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
BwayBaby18 Profile PhotoBwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Cast of DOUBT - Reviews?#3
Posted: 1/19/06 at 8:40am
i hope Ms. Lenox has practiced her diction and announciation scince december.... she was very slopy with her speech, i found her hard to understand and i was in the 4th row
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Cast of DOUBT - Reviews?#4
Posted: 1/19/06 at 8:43am
Interesting. I saw first preview back in March of last year, from the balcony and she was clear as a bell.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
BwayBaby18 Profile PhotoBwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Cast of DOUBT - Reviews?#5
Posted: 1/19/06 at 8:45am
i don't know if maybe she was having an off night or if she has just lost some of her gusto.....from what i could take in the performance was amazing though
B-WayHereEyeCome
Understudy
Understudy
re: New Cast of DOUBT - Reviews?#6
Posted: 1/19/06 at 12:14pm
Well if her "announciation" (enunciation) is anything like your spelling then you should be able to understand eachother clearly. Not to be a grammar Nazi. Maybe you just couldn't understand the thick Bronx accent that she's doing, or I think she's doing from what I heard, I haven't seen it.

Losing her gusto? The lady is on for 10 minutes, she gets to sit and stew and get ready for her entrance the majority of the show, when she comes in I think she's ready to deliver. And according to the Tony committee and numerous audience members, DOES.