o/t P!NK

jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
o/t P!NK#0
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:25am
I just want to take a moment and shower praise on this talented, talented singer. I caught her performance on the American Music Awards--she was amazing. How nice to hear amazing and live singing! This girl just rocks! =)
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: o/t P!NK#1
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:28am
You sure she's not awemazing? That's my new word I'm starting.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: o/t P!NK#2
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:42am
The Clay Aiken/Ruben Studdard performance was AWEMAZING also. They actually show off their talent. That is why I love Broadway performers so much. They have talent and aren't afraid if they mess up when they sing and dance. They prove you can do it, so Beyonce and the others have no excuse!
CCM '10!
ChristineDaae Profile PhotoChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: o/t P!NK#3
Posted: 11/17/03 at 3:25pm
I heard that Clay won an award??? Is it true?
"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC
i luv stevo Profile Photoi luv stevo Profile Photo
i luv stevo
Understudy
Understudy
re: re: re: re: o/t P!NK#4
Posted: 11/17/03 at 3:42pm
There was an enternet poll for favorite artist, and he won that award.
BrdwyThtr Profile PhotoBrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: o/t P!NK#5
Posted: 11/17/03 at 3:45pm
Pink was amazing!
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: o/t P!NK#6
Posted: 11/17/03 at 3:56pm
He was nominated for another award, though.
CCM '10!
JKB2 Profile PhotoJKB2 Profile Photo
JKB2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: o/t P!NK#7
Posted: 11/20/03 at 10:34pm
What songs has Pink done that were any good, other than "Get This Party Started"?
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: o/t P!NK#8
Posted: 11/21/03 at 1:29am
Well, her other hit singles include

"Most Girls"
"There You Go"
"You Make Me Sick"
"Lady Marmalade" from Moulin Rouge
"Don't Let Me Get Me"
"Family Portrait"
"Just Like A Pill"
currently - "Trouble"

Her albums are good--especially M!ssundaztood. which has alot of awesome songs written by Linda Perry and a duet with Steven Tyler. I also love her new album.

=)
RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it's confirmed, i'm in hell... re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: o/t P!NK
XING
PED
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: o/t P!NK#10
Posted: 11/21/03 at 2:40pm
I like the fact that Pink doesn't take crap from people. She's honest in interviews, unlike Britney and others. She really dissed Christina Aguilera on Z100 the other day because Xtina accused Pink of stealing her style. lol
She has a unique quality about her that I enjoy. She will go far in the music industry.
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: o/t p!ink#11
Posted: 11/21/03 at 2:41pm
am i alone here in wishing p!nk would show a little pink?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: o/t p!ink#12
Posted: 11/21/03 at 4:06pm
papalovesmambo: yes!
XING
PED
Al Dente Profile PhotoAl Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: o/t p!ink#13
Posted: 11/23/03 at 7:25pm
I'm sure, much to Anthonys' dismay, that Pink is the only one of the 3 short, blonde(at least sometimes),young singers that will actually be around in the future. She *really* writes her own songs and can actually sing live(what a novelty). I also applaud her quote about Xtina, "She should be on Meds, she's got a great voice but she should sing more and talk less". Now THAT'S my girl.
ErikJ972 Profile PhotoErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: o/t p!ink#14
Posted: 11/23/03 at 8:34pm
Unfortunately I don't think so. Her new album isn't selling all that well..
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: o/t p!ink#15
Posted: 11/23/03 at 8:43pm
Despite slow sales (if they even are--I haven't seen the figures), Pink will be around--this album went in another direction from the last two. Actually creating art and not just bubblegum pop is going to be worthwhile in the long run for her. She said herself she doesn't care about anything but creating work that means something to her.
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: o/t p!ink#16
Posted: 11/23/03 at 9:13pm
Jrb...

I like Pink and agree with a lot of what you say in theory. But...in the music business it's really sales that count...especially in the world of pop music. Her new song isn't getting any radio play and her new album debuted at number 9. It's easy for her to say all she cares about is creating art...but if she keeps selling like this she'll be creating art that no one hears.
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: o/t p!ink#17
Posted: 11/23/03 at 9:27pm
No--you definitely have an important point. =) I'm just trying to defend why the sales are not Britney proportion. Hopefully she won't disappear--but at the very least, maintain a steady audience. I think she will. I hope she will. =)
Princess MimiChica Profile PhotoPrincess MimiChica Profile Photo
Princess MimiChica
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: o/t p!ink#18
Posted: 11/23/03 at 10:21pm
a record at #9 isnht good?! hell, i;'d say being at #9 is pretty great!!!
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The last time I checked #9 meant that her album is in the top 10 of the album charts and that's nothing to scoff at. Furthermore, if you're saying that she's getting little to no airplay than it means even more that she's in the top 10. It means she actually has a genuine fan base. Look at the media saturation they've been doing for Spears and how inundated we are with her press blitz. Of course she's going to have a few good sales weeks. It's ineveitable and it's all been bought and paid for. By the way, Pink's last album sold 17 million copies, not too shabby.
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And another thing, Pink is an artist, which means that long after Britney's fans are out of training bras and the only tickets she can sell are to see her playing Sally Bowles in the 12th revival of Cabaret, Pink will still be filling seats at concert stadiums. When's the last time Sting had a record in heavy rotation on a "pop" station? Sales count for a minute. Do you remember how many records Vanilla Ice and Milli Vanilli and Paula Abdul,(the list is endless) "sold"? Big deal, none of them were *artists*.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Think Pink is very talented and my gut feeling is that the album was released at either the wrong time or the label is not pushing it the way it should...

She also seems in between images...once she was R&B, then pop, now, it's a much harder sound...yes, re-inventing is nothing new...but the person usually does not change MUSICAL styles this often..

Madonna may have reinvented herself every week but everyone knew that her base, her platform, was pop music...no one was ever gonna confuse her with Joan Baez or Betty Carter...

Al Finochio is right, Britney's label went nuts promoting her and it looks like it payed off.....

The fact is these are hard times. Period! and sometimes the money is just not there to promote everyone....

I like the new album...and I do think she's not anywhere near her prime....
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is on topic now?

Al...I agree that having a top ten album is no small feat. But for someone like Pink it's a disappointment. In the pop world it's crucial to stay in the public eye. Something Britney (or her people) is very good at. Does this make Britney's music better? Not at all. But it's selling her albums. Unfortunately Pink seems to have fallen off the radar.
TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeah unless we start talking about stage roles for her, it seems destined for the O/T Board.
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Now it's back where it belongs.