Page: 1

I had a bad dream...

jam_man
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I had a bad dream...#0
Posted: 1/16/06 at 1:54pm
I dreamed that someone on this board told us that Ben Vereen had died. I was quite upset. Luckily, it wasn't officially reported anywhere (like on Playbill.com or Broadway.com).

And of course, it was a dream. Right?
"Who is Stephen Sondheim?" -roninjoey
"The man who wishes he had written Phantom of the Opera!" - SueleenGay

GO CARDINALS!!!
Katurian2 Profile PhotoKaturian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I had a bad dream...#1
Posted: 1/16/06 at 2:11pm
umm..yes..I don't think a performer as big as Ben could die and simply rot in an apartment
"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck
grizzabella
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I had a bad dream...#2
Posted: 1/16/06 at 6:32pm
Though he was ill some time ago(I believe), as far as I know he is very much among the living.
"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."
jam_man
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I had a bad dream...#3
Posted: 1/16/06 at 6:36pm
Thanks. I wasn't too worried, though right after I woke up I was a little bit.
"Who is Stephen Sondheim?" -roninjoey
"The man who wishes he had written Phantom of the Opera!" - SueleenGay

GO CARDINALS!!!
SweetQintheLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I had a bad dream...#4
Posted: 1/16/06 at 6:36pm
OMG- I can't believe this came up. Ok- so my mom knows a lot about people dying *don't ask*

Anyway- I was talking to her about him and she said "What are you talking about." I said "He is in Wicked" she told me he was dead...I couldn't convince her otherwise and I had to go on the computer and prove to her he wasn't dead. Then I was at my college program thing and we were talking about Broadway and 3 people there swore he was dead. 3 days ago I was talking to my friend online from California and we were talking about Broadway and how she knew someone named Ben. I then mentioned Ben Vereen and she was like "He's dead! He's been dead!"

I am beginning to think there was another Ben Vereen.
"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178
WickedGeek28 Profile PhotoWickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I had a bad dream...#5
Posted: 1/16/06 at 7:23pm
I think the reason for the mistakes is when he suffered from his stroke, he left the scene for a bit.
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird
Katurian2 Profile PhotoKaturian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I had a bad dream...#6
Posted: 1/16/06 at 7:28pm
lol- or maybe he is just a very healthy and happy looking ghost walking among us!
"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck