Page: 1

Songs about being cast in roles and 'making do'

jczelyph Profile Photojczelyph Profile Photo
jczelyph
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hi everyone!

I was just cast in a part in a show at university which is a great role but also a slight let down (let's not get into it) so am trying to think of songs that kinda sum up this feeling. Y'know, pleased you got a part, but not the one you wanted...

I can only think of 'The Alto's Lament' but I know there must be more - I'm not good at these song suggestion things.

I was also thinking of songs about this in the wider sense, maybe not about parts in shows but just 'making do' or 'seeing the silver lining' in general.
"Jane, I've been dealt a blow - I've been dealt a blow, Jane."
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Doesn't that old British woman in WICKED say something to Idina about "making do"?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 1/15/06 at 08:45 AM
jczelyph Profile Photojczelyph Profile Photo
jczelyph
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I'm worried that I sound like a bit of a prima donna...I'm not. re: Songs about being cast in roles and 'making do'
"Jane, I've been dealt a blow - I've been dealt a blow, Jane."
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sweetie, we understand. You want to connect a song to your feeling. No worries. Someone will come on with something better than what I said.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Link Larkin Wanabe Profile PhotoLink Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"What a Drag" from Princess. Possibly the only song I didn't mind from what I have heard from the score.

Akiva
Footlooser Profile PhotoFootlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Playing Second Fiddle ~ Nunsense is great for being cast as the understudy
"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings
YayJudyYayJudy Profile PhotoYayJudyYayJudy Profile Photo
YayJudyYayJudy
Stand-by
Stand-by
"Dance 10, Looks 3" ???
proudly changing my name frequently since 2004

chances are AndyF is posting above or below me...

"THIS is how you dress for the Tony's, get it!? Ok, see you at the after-party..." [YAHM]
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Never the Luck" (...and never the lead...)

From "The Mystery of Edwin Drood."

check it out.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
GClef2 Profile PhotoGClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Broadway Boogie Woogie..."Im much too tall, much to short, much too fat, much too young for the role...I sing too low, sing to high, sing too loud 'Could you read it with a little control?'"
"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish