Page: 1

If You Could Go Back In Time

Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If You Could Go Back In Time#0
Posted: 11/23/03 at 10:52am
If I could, I would come back to New York City immediately after W W 2. TImes Square was jumping. All the major picture palaces were there along with the Automat, Penn Station , Ebbets Field , Stork Club, Latin Quarter etc.
Poster Emeritus
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: If You Could Go Back In Time#1
Posted: 11/23/03 at 11:02am
To many interesting times to think of--from Roman to if I could just go back in my own lifetime and change some things.

D
BillFinn Profile PhotoBillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: If You Could Go Back In Time#2
Posted: 11/23/03 at 12:15pm
One of the Athenian Greek Olympics, especially the Wrestling Competitions re: re: If You Could Go Back In Time
Bill Finn rocks. Woot.
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree with Mimi, but I think I would rather be there right before the 1950's (like mid/late 1940's) when Judy was still at MGM, but the war was over. re: re: re: re: If You Could Go Back In Time
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
Princess MimiChica Profile PhotoPrincess MimiChica Profile Photo
Princess MimiChica
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: If You Could Go Back In Time#4
Posted: 11/23/03 at 10:18pm
I'd want to be in 1950's Hollywood, it was just glamour to the max =)
BwayLover Profile PhotoBwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: If You Could Go Back In Time#5
Posted: 11/25/03 at 10:41am
I have a few periods I would love to visit:
1. 1960's USA - to be a flower child....
2. 1950's Hollywood
3. 19th century England
4. 1948- when the State of Israel was founded, and people were celebrating in the streets..
"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "
rlbgbc Profile Photorlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: If You Could Go Back In Time#6
Posted: 11/25/03 at 10:46am
I'd be a member of the Russian Imperial Court...during the salad days. But I'd get out of Russia before the Bolsheviks used the Royal Family for target practice.
King Stevos
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: If You Could Go Back In Time#7
Posted: 11/25/03 at 12:39pm
it really depends, Id only go back in time if I could take copies of patents to all the wonderrfull inventions that occured later. Invent them in africa, and then see what the world would have been like now.

STEVOS
"IF I TRY THERE MAY BE A CHANCE / WE COULD LOVE WITH OUR EYES CLOSED/ WITH OUR EYES CLOSED WE COULD CHANGE THE WORLD!"- Stephen Dwight
say what?
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: If You Could Go Back In Time#8
Posted: 11/25/03 at 1:00pm
Would love to travel back in time to experiance the frenzied heights of BEATLEMANIA!

"SUNY Binghamton, yes. I'm sure getting a degree from SUNY Binghamton is very useful. Normally to get a degree with that kind of credibility you'd have to study in Guatemala or Haiti."
lc1965 Profile Photolc1965 Profile Photo
lc1965
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: If You Could Go Back In Time#9
Posted: 12/1/03 at 12:23pm
Great question, Mr. Roxy. Too many answers, though! :) I mean, where WOULDN'T I go? Or rather, WHEN? In keeping w/ the theatrical nature of the site, though, I'd love to be around in the 1910s & 1920s when there were dozens & dozens of theatres open & a hundred new shows opened every year. Nirvana for theatre geeks.
Murder By Music at Dillons 9/9, 16, 23, 30 www.murderbymusic.com
Horsey!!!
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: If You Could Go Back In Time#10
Posted: 12/1/03 at 12:26pm
I am moving Forward.
JoizeyActor Profile PhotoJoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: If You Could Go Back In Time#11
Posted: 12/1/03 at 7:30pm
I would love to go back to the 50s/60s. I think society, at least for my age group, was so much better. Teens actually participated in school activities, went to dances, went to the diners, did school productions, etc. People went out on dates, they didn't sleep around. People did FUN dances, not dry humping. I don't know, that era appeals to me much more than the current one.

Naturally, there was a lot of turmoil in the country during that time as well, but the life of a teen seems to much better!
BroadwayBaby3 Profile PhotoBroadwayBaby3 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby3
Understudy
Understudy
I'd go back to the 20's. Play on Vaudeville. There's a theatre in my town that was a Vaudeville house back in the day and it fascinated me from the first day I walked in it. I'm a flapper at heart, I think.
Hello Gorgeous
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I agree with the 1950's Hollywood, like around Marilyn Monroe's time. That seems like such a great time, I would love to have lived then.
~*Christa*~ "Don't ya wanna be the life of the party?" Idina Menzel, THE WILD PARTY
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: If You Could Go Back In Time#14
Posted: 12/2/03 at 12:33pm
Just too many time periods to choose from but I guess if I had to narrow it down, I would want to go back to NYC of the 30's. Jazz and blues music being invented and reinvented in the clubs of Harlem. That would be interesting. I would also want to back to the days of Christ but, only if I could be assuerd of meeting him and being able to follow and travel with him a while. I'd love to find out first hand what he would think of the things people say and do in his name.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: If You Could Go Back In Time#15
Posted: 12/2/03 at 2:34pm
Definitely the 20's. The brazeness and debauchery of the era intriques me. My grandmother played the piano for the silent films at all the big theaters and had many a wild show biz story to tell. Twenty two skadoo!
RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sometimes i think i'd like to go back to the 1950's because i'm attracted to the "classiness" that joizeyactor mentions - it seemed to be more of an innocent time with standards and protocol.

now, as a gay man, i'm sure this answer seems totally crazy and maybe i'm just glamorizing the period based on what little i know about it.

does someone who grew up in that era think of it as more of an innocent, classy time? i like that people actually dressed up to go places and there seemed to be higher standards of morality - instead of the sex-driven,classless, crass society we have come to be.
XING
PED
ErikJ972 Profile PhotoErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hate dressing up. I would go back to 1985...the year The Goonies came out.
RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL erik, i remember that you hated dressing up all too well...
XING
PED
Kitzarina Profile PhotoKitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I could totally see myself living during the Regency era in England. I love Jane Austen movies and think I could definately handle living back then. Either that or 1950s Hollywood. Then I could follow in the footsteps of my idol--Audrey Hepburn :)
"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"