Page: 1

Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma

dancinfan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma#0
Posted: 1/6/06 at 1:35pm
I have been looking on their website for information about them, but several of the links don't work. Can anyone tell me about show they've seen or done there? I am curious about the size of the stage, the quality of the talent, the overall quality of the shows, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Kitzarina Profile PhotoKitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma#1
Posted: 1/6/06 at 2:00pm
I've seen Pippin, Sound of Music, Big River, The Mystery of Edmund Drood, Gypsy, and Annie performed there. Their productions are generally well staged and they draw from a very good talent pool.

Now that they've gotten their new theatre, things are MUCH better than they used to be! The productions are larger and have more possibility. I only ever went to Lyric when my aunt music directed shows there, and she didn't do one last year.

I do know that they are considered on about an even level with Music Theatre of Wichita (where I'm from).
"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"
Updated On: 1/7/06 at 02:00 PM
Imchristine4real Profile PhotoImchristine4real Profile Photo
Imchristine4real
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma#2
Posted: 1/7/06 at 12:14pm
I've lived in in Oklahoma my whole life. Lyric does top-notch productions (for being located in OK re: Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma) I'm auditioning for them in a couple weeks, very nervous about it. Last year, they did an amazing Jekyll and Hyde (and not the one where they have that stupid red box for a set, thank goodness).

All in all, very much worth your time coming down here.
As someone told me lately: "Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"... He's there, the Phantom of the Opera!... I dreamed a dream in time gone bye... This is the moment! My final test!... PS. Couldn't choose just one :-)
dancinfan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma#3
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:50pm
Thanks for your responses, and good luck at your audition, "ImChristine."
LizzieCurry Profile PhotoLizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma#4
Posted: 4/18/16 at 5:54pm

This thread is 10 years old, but I'm bumping it because this sounds pretty impressive. And Fiddler will be in ASL!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/oklahoma/article/Emily-Skinner-Kyle-Taylor-Parker-More-Set-for-Lyric-Theatre-of-Oklahomas-2016-Summer-Season-20160418 

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt