Page: 1

Rent Remix

jeffrey2
Stand-by
Stand-by
Rent Remix#0
Posted: 12/11/05 at 11:55am
I have read in some previous posts that there is a Rent remix around, does anyone know how I can get this?
AuditioningWaitress
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Rent Remix#1
Posted: 12/11/05 at 12:50pm
There's currently only a promotional CD & 12" LP floating around...There is a rumor of a UK single, but I don't think it will see the light of day until the movie is released there. I'm actually quite shocked it hasn't turned out on iTunes yet.
corsairstw Profile Photocorsairstw Profile Photo
corsairstw
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Rent Remix#2
Posted: 12/11/05 at 12:52pm
There's a remix at the end of the Highlites from the movie CD on iTunes.

I don't know if it's on the physical CD version.

Here's a link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=89350273&s=143441&i=89350216
AuditioningWaitress
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Rent Remix#3
Posted: 12/11/05 at 12:56pm
It's the radio mix of the Gomi's Lair Mix.
djjd007 Profile Photodjjd007 Profile Photo
djjd007
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Rent Remix#4
Posted: 12/11/05 at 2:51pm
The Eddie Baez mix is the best, although most likely none of the mixes (L.E.X., Eddie, or Gomi) will actually ever be released in their entirety.

None of them are really anything that outstanding and certainly not worth hearing more than once or twice anyway - a novelty track at best (it actually has gotten laughs when I've heard it played out and about lately). That's why the record is not being pushed anymore and it most likely will not be released.

If a big retailer is smart and wants to really sell the DVD come April, they'll follow Circuit City's "Chicago" sales pitch and give out limited edition cd5's with each DVD purchase (that's the only reason I bought my copy there). I'm sure licensing the remixes and pressing the discs at that point would cost next to nothing.

L.E.X. did sign a deal with Dreamworks (reportedly) to remix several tracks off the soundtrack in addition to "Seasons...", but that was assuming the soundtrack would be pushed a bit more (the meager success of the film does not bode well for additional promotional efforts). But, there is a chance that the other mixes (assuming they were completed) will surface someday too.

Personally, I think the only song that (almost) stands out of context and would work in a club is "Out Tonight." But, it obviously isn't as well known as "Seasons..." So, I'm hoping for that one to make its' way out eventually, even if completed by amateurs from the 5.1 soundtrack on the DVD. I think it has "remix potential."
Marquise Profile PhotoMarquise Profile Photo
Marquise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remix#5
Posted: 12/11/05 at 2:58pm
L.E.X. signed a deal with Dreamworks?
What does that have to do with the soundtrack?
The RENT soundtrack was released by Warner Bros. Records.
orangeskittles Profile Photoorangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remix#6
Posted: 12/11/05 at 2:59pm
Karmine Alers has a remix of Out Tonight on her CD.
Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how