Page: 1

FINALLY... a Wicked Tour Review is in from Hartford!

Popular Profile PhotoPopular Profile Photo
Popular
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Stephanie J. Block turns in a masterly performance as the reviled and misunderstood green-hued Elphaba. Her voice is operatic, and her skillful portrayal works beautifully against the fair-skinned Glinda, as played by Kendra Kassebaum."

I love that she's loved - but "operatic"? As far as I recall there isn't much that is operatic about her voice in this show. Or am I misunderstanding the way in which the reviewer used the word? I always thought of Steph's voice as an alto, no?

Anyway, here is a link to the full review. It's the first one I've come across so far (and probably the only one we'll get since it's leaving Hartford next weekend).

Hartford Courant
Updated On: 12/10/05 at 12:43 PM
Popular
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
GretchaSketh
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I think the whole operatic thing is quite amusing too. I mean I KNOW she is quite capable of it...I've heard it but she definitely doesn't use it in wicked!
What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh DAMN. I forgot the tour was coming to Hartford... I work in Hartford. I actually wanted to see it!

Oh well.
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Popular
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If you still want to see it badly enough there is always a way. It's there until the 18th and lotteries and cancellation lines are happening every day.
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes I know, but I dont have the time to be leaving to stand there for a lottery or stand on a cancellation line. Ah well. That's what I get for forgetting. December totally snuck up on me.
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Updated On: 12/10/05 at 06:58 PM