Page: 1

reply to my last post about (rent)

wizegrl
Swing
Swing
reply to my last post about (rent)#0
Posted: 12/2/05 at 2:50am
lets just start off by saying......all i did was ask matt for an autograph and he sighed like i was a waste of time, if that is rudeness on my part than maybe actors shouldn't sign autographs at all.
2nd of all (cary shileds) is still with the cast, he is suspended indefinitely.
and 3rd this is a message board and i can post any message that i would like to hear other people's perspective on.
it's funny that people post on this message board for yrs and think they can write the rules for it.
plain and simple if you don't like my thread don't respond to it.
by the way, the information i posted about cary shields came from an employee who works at rent who would not tell me the reason why he was suspended,
because it is none of my business nor your's.
sweetestsiren Profile Photosweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#1
Posted: 12/2/05 at 2:58am
First of all, if you want people to respond to your posts, it would really help if they were readable. Capitalization and correct grammar work wonders.

Secondly, you should have replied to this on your other thread, not started a completely new one. You're not going to get a very favorable response around here otherwise. If you don't know how to do that, in your other thread just click "Reply" and post your message there.

Updated On: 12/2/05 at 02:58 AM
theatreboi11
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#2
Posted: 12/2/05 at 3:08am
People have very strong opinions on this website...choose your battles and if you can't take the heat don't post
(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."
MUNKY Profile PhotoMUNKY Profile Photo
MUNKY
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#3
Posted: 12/2/05 at 4:57am

Then don't post that he was suspended. "Out on vacation" would suffice :)
"Now I may not have much, but I have more determination than any man you're likely to meet." - Big Fish
"Misdirection. What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes." - Swordfish
colleen_lee Profile Photocolleen_lee Profile Photo
colleen_lee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#4
Posted: 12/2/05 at 8:19am
Cary is not suspended indefinitely. He is gone. There is no plans for him to come back at this time. Josh is Roger for the rest of the month, and they will be signing a new Roger to a 6-month contract shortly.
"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay
Updated On: 12/2/05 at 08:19 AM
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#5
Posted: 12/2/05 at 9:05am
lets just start off by saying......all i did was ask matt for an autograph and he sighed like i was a waste of time, if that is rudeness on my part than maybe actors shouldn't sign autographs at all.

If you asked him for the autograph in the same way you posted this message, I'm not surprised he sighed.

2nd of all (cary shileds) is still with the cast, he is suspended indefinitely.

Apparently not.

and 3rd this is a message board and i can post any message that i would like to hear other people's perspective on.
it's funny that people post on this message board for yrs and think they can write the rules for it.

You know what's SO much funnier than that? People who join the message board and instantly start fights, post unsubstantiated gossip because they're "in the know" and generally act like arrogant assholes. Seriously, it's a laff riot.

plain and simple if you don't like my thread don't respond to it.

But I thought this was a message board and you wanted our perspective. Contradict yourself much? And please, the "if you don't like what I have to say then don't respond" comment stopped being effective in oh, let's say kindergarten.

by the way, the information i posted about cary shields came from an employee who works at rent who would not tell me the reason why he was suspended,

You know, I have to wonder why any employee of Rent would tell you that he was suspended but not WHY. It's none of anyone's business IF he was suspended, let alone WHY. All in all, wizegrl, your inauspicious BWW debut makes me think you probably could have chosen a more accurate screenname.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
Updated On: 12/2/05 at 09:05 AM
orangeskittles Profile Photoorangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#6
Posted: 12/2/05 at 9:14am
"it's funny that people post on this message board for yrs and think they can write the rules for it."

Actually, the rules are sanctioned by the moderators, who CAN write the rules.

And you've been here for 3 days. The years people have spent on this board have given them experience, wisdom and good jugdement that you obviously don't have.

Go join some other board and post petty gossip all you want. But if you're going to post it here, you just have to grow up and deal with people's reactions.

And don't start another thread about it, there's already enough Rent threads on the board. We don't need crap like this adding to problem.
Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Kass983 Profile PhotoKass983 Profile Photo
Kass983
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#7
Posted: 12/2/05 at 2:11pm
Just let this one roll off your back and move on wizegrl. It's still a fun place to post, it really is. Hang in there.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#8
Posted: 12/2/05 at 2:14pm
how ridiculous to start ANOTHER thread to comment on your other thread........

why does this reek of "Love, Carla"

if you don't like the rules.....then leave
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
munkustrap178 Profile Photomunkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#9
Posted: 12/2/05 at 2:19pm
I truly did love Carla. I hate those of you that were the cause of her demise.

See my signature:
"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson
SorryGrateful
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#10
Posted: 12/2/05 at 2:22pm
Yay! Another BWW freakout!
You promised me poems. ~Tricky
MUNKY Profile PhotoMUNKY Profile Photo
MUNKY
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#11
Posted: 12/2/05 at 4:10pm
What a Rent Riot! Haha.
"Now I may not have much, but I have more determination than any man you're likely to meet." - Big Fish
"Misdirection. What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes." - Swordfish
dancingthrulife04 Profile Photodancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#12
Posted: 12/2/05 at 4:22pm

While I'm pretty sure that Cary is not indefinitely suspended, you're absolutely right. It's NOBODY'S business. Which is why you shouldn't post it.
http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Sumofallthings Profile PhotoSumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#13
Posted: 12/2/05 at 4:23pm
If it's any consolation you unfortunate rookie poster, I've been here almost 3 years and I possess neither experience, wisdom nor good jugdgement. Maybe you won't either if you stick with it.
BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"
xrent_headx Profile Photoxrent_headx Profile Photo
xrent_headx
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: reply to my last post about (rent)#14
Posted: 12/2/05 at 4:26pm
If you don't like how we reply to your posts then don't post!We are telling you our view and you don't seem to take it well.
- I might be smart - No day but today