Page: 1

'Night of January 16th'

fluerette Profile Photofluerette Profile Photo
fluerette
Understudy
Understudy
'Night of January 16th'#0
Posted: 11/21/05 at 9:37pm
I was just in a production of 'Night of January 16th' and was wondering if anyone else has been in it. If so, how many guity/ not guilty verdicts did you get. Also, who do you think actually did it?
"Are you a theatre junkie?" -my boss
Katecab99 Profile PhotoKatecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Night of January 16th'#1
Posted: 11/21/05 at 10:30pm
ooh! ooh! i was in it! i was supposed to only be stage managing, and i ended up stage managing and playing the clerk - lol.

we ended up with all not-guilty verdicts except for one night, when the director fixed the jury so that the poor prosecution could finally win.
"honey, you're simple, you're shallow, and you're a common whore - that's why we're soul mates"
Flahooley Profile PhotoFlahooley Profile Photo
Flahooley
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: 'Night of January 16th'#2
Posted: 11/21/05 at 11:06pm
I think that Night of January 16th is a really outstanding play. Ayn Rand was a true talent. I don't think much of her ideas connecting capitalism to democracy, but there is no ignoring her gifts as a fiction and dramatic writer. I wish she had written more plays.
Pinguin Profile PhotoPinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Night of January 16th'#3
Posted: 11/21/05 at 11:08pm
I LOVE this play, and I love Ayn Rand...her writing style is fantastic...I've never done it but I would love to do/see it.

and obviously the verdict should be not guilty, though I would love to see a production where the verdict was guilty just to be able to see the audience's reaction to what is said when that's what the audience picks :0)
-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????
WhatDoINeedWithLove?
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Night of January 16th'#4
Posted: 11/22/05 at 3:03am
I was in in a couple of summers ago! I played "Homer Van Fleet"! It was fun to play the sleaze. I think we got guilty verdicts every night, but one. haha
KJisgroovy Profile PhotoKJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Night of January 16th'#5
Posted: 11/22/05 at 8:58am
"Her writing style is fantastic..." What? Even among serious fans her writing style is considered wooden and overdramatic. "No ignoring her gifts of fiction..." What? Ayn Rand was all about plot and ideas... even Ayn Rand admitted she wasn't so good with style and characterization... if you think Ayn Rand was a good writer... um... you should read more.

kc
Jesus saves. I spend.
fluerette Profile Photofluerette Profile Photo
fluerette
Understudy
Understudy
re: 'Night of January 16th'#6
Posted: 11/22/05 at 5:13pm
Wow, how did you get guilty every night but one? I'm impressed. My production also had not guilty every night but one where the jury may or may not have been riged, no one would tell us for sure. I played Nancy Lee, which was a lot of fun, so I was quite happy when Karen was found guilty.
"Are you a theatre junkie?" -my boss