Page: 1

THE PRODUCERS soundtrack clips (with pictures)

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile PhotoWiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Current Avatar: Cynthia Erivo, bringing down the house in The Color Purple.
Updated On: 11/17/05 at 07:20 PM
today4u:proofpositiv
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
ooooooooo!! Thanks for posting!! Sounds like a really good soundtrack
SallyBrown Profile PhotoSallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can't believe I'm saying this but Uma Thurman as Ulla= LOVE
"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."
Elizabeth_DeBris
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thank you so much for posting this!

I actually quite like the way Uma sounds as Ulla. Very different from Cady Huffman (not like that hasn't been said a thousand times before), but very nice. I could go on about the hundred little details I enjoyed, but I'll refrain. re: THE PRODUCERS soundtrack clips (with pictures) This does make me about 10 times more excited about the movie, though.
wickedkiwi Profile Photowickedkiwi Profile Photo
wickedkiwi
Stand-by
Stand-by
i love it!! thanks so much.

ditto, sooo excited about ulla being in this. will farrell too - perfect for the role!
Tenme por lo que soy, por lo que puedo ser, y si te importo hoy, tenme nena, o vete!
TheQuibbler Profile PhotoTheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love it, for the most part. I don't really like "You'll Find Your Happiness in Rio." It doesn't seem to fit the style of the show.
EponineThenardier Profile PhotoEponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This might be the redeeming role of Ferrell's career. Did any of you hear him sing on the Acadamy Awards with Jack Black? I was pleasantly surprised as to how good his voice was; and the song was funny as hell.
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I predict the following Oscar nods:
Best Picture
Best Screenplay
Best Actor (Lane & possibly Broderick)
Best Supp. Actress (Thurman)
Best Supp. Actor (Im pulling for BOTH Gary Beach and Roger Bart and maybe even Ferrell *now THAT would be really great...a breakthrough for comedic actors; if Ferrell got a nod*)
Best Art Direction

And from what I hear, Thurman has a very good chance of winning.
timote316
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Very good. I love the new orchestrations on some of the songs.
Sumofallthings Profile PhotoSumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Let's be serious WickedRocks. Let's just be serious. Maybe, MAYBE the Golden Globes but not the Oscars. You can save this and if I'm wrong you can make fun of me, I just don't see that happening.

MAYBE Uma Thurman
MAYBE Lane (very unlikely)

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"
Updated On: 11/17/05 at 10:07 PM
Sumofallthings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This really boosts my confidence the film though, the orchestrations sound fantastic (faster I noticed), everyone sounds great (especially Ferrel and Lane, Lane seems to have improved in leaps and bounds vocally).

This may have been mentioned in past threads but doesn't "You'll Find Your Happiness In Rio" sound like the song the church goers sing in Blazing Saddles?
BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"
Updated On: 11/17/05 at 10:14 PM
Prisoner 24601 Profile PhotoPrisoner 24601 Profile Photo
Prisoner 24601
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What's with "the hop clop goes on"? wow.
-Was that a fart?
-My fault, I fear.
Sumofallthings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I assume its played over the credits. I laughed so hard listening to that!
musicalfandukie Profile Photomusicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
does anyone know if Uma had vocal trainning for the movie???
Updated On: 11/17/05 at 11:02 PM
jonartdesigns Profile Photojonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i definately dig uma's ulla. cady, and the other broadway ulla's a vocally stunning but they offer up no eyebrow raising question of why she's in the springtime for hitler cast.
My Icon "Swiney" the Swine Flu Mascot- art by me. "Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Let's be serious WickedRocks. Let's just be serious. Maybe, MAYBE the Golden Globes but not the Oscars. You can save this and if I'm wrong you can make fun of me, I just don't see that happening.

Well, I haven't seen the movie so I cant really say, but from what I hear (which is extremely positive for every aspect of the film), I think it has a good chance at the Oscars this year. Maybe I took it a little far with the Oscar nominations, but a screenplay nod, a nod for Thurman, and a nod for Lane are all the ones I'd bet my money on as of now (remember this is solely based on what others have said about the film). We all forget how the show got such raves (everyone on here seems very dismissive of it and doesnt understand why it got such raves---I, for one, found it to be fresh, wildly entertaining, perfectly acted, and by far the best musical of that year---but we need to remember that it DID get across the board R-A-V-E reviews when it opened, it was the biggest hit in Broadway history up til that point, it won the most Tony awards ever, and of course, the original film on which the musical was based, is a cult classic and it also won critical success. Lets not forget that the original movie won an Oscar for Best Screenplay). So, my information and opinions, flimsy as they may be, are solely based on the above information. If only I heard such positive things about RENT re: THE PRODUCERS soundtrack clips (with pictures) .
Updated On: 11/17/05 at 11:38 PM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow. Thank you for this...I can't wait.
jonartdesigns Profile Photojonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i think uma will definately get a nod, with a good chance of winning (might not be "officially" for this part, ala people winning since they were owed) ferrell could get a nod, and maybe...just maybe lane. I don't think its screenplay has a chance since its an adaption of an adaption of a movie that i believe won for this originally (anyone care to fact check that?).
My Icon "Swiney" the Swine Flu Mascot- art by me. "Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel
ProducersFan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Poor Roger's hair... re: THE PRODUCERS soundtrack clips (with pictures)
"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart
Elizabeth_DeBris
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Ditto.

I know, I know- it's more appropriate for the period and all that, but even so...
bwayondabrain
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
cooool...
Sumofallthings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think the hair may be a little dedication to the actor (please forgive me but his name escapes me) who played Carmen in the original film.
ProducersFan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oh I know it is.

I just wish it looked more like this
<-------

re: THE PRODUCERS soundtrack clips (with pictures)
"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart
Elizabeth_DeBris
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I believe his name is Andreas Voutsinas... I may be spelling his last name wrong, but it's something like that.

Rational reasons for it aside, I'm still not a fan. re: THE PRODUCERS soundtrack clips (with pictures)