CAMP: The Movie

CAMP: The Movie#0
Posted: 5/6/05 at 4:57pm
I love this movie... it is so good! It just shows you what goes on behind the scenes of high school shows put on a summer camp like area... its such a great movie...

Anyone else seen it?!

FAVORTIE LINE-

Kid- Do we look like any Russians you know?!

re: CAMP: The Movie#1
Posted: 5/6/05 at 5:05pm
Anyone?
CatieElphie1 Profile PhotoCatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#2
Posted: 5/6/05 at 6:00pm
First, I want to thank you for ruining my day and almost forcing me to shoot my computer screen with your avatar....Just kidding...but not really.

I've seen it...infact, it brings back memories....14 cast members crammed into my tiny basement with our 65 year old director watching this...
and "Here's to the ladies who lunch BLEGHHHHHHHHH" has to be the best part
Was that a fat joke?
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile PhotoCaroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#3
Posted: 5/6/05 at 6:01pm
i hated it. except for the musical numbers
"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed
zippyjen Profile Photozippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#4
Posted: 5/6/05 at 6:05pm
it's ok. It has it's good and bad moments. I do enjoy it at times but by no means is it a good movie.
"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!
LightMyCandle125 Profile PhotoLightMyCandle125 Profile Photo
LightMyCandle125
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: CAMP: The Movie#5
Posted: 5/6/05 at 6:32pm
the music is fun but i have to agree with zippyjen. did they have to cast such bad actors for a film about acting?
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Falsettoland Profile PhotoFalsettoland Profile Photo
Falsettoland
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: CAMP: The Movie#6
Posted: 5/6/05 at 11:06pm
Terrible film really but worth seeing for the musical numbers.
Anna Kendrick rules, love the "Ladies Who Lunch" scene.

"She's f*cked, I'm ready, and the g**damn show must go on. So let's get cracking, shall we?"

EDIT: I can't believe we haven't mentioned the Sondheim cameo!
"We are engaged in two wars, one on drugs and one on terror, that can never be won. I mean, one is a group of inanimate objects and the other is an emotion. We might as well fight a war on pasta, which I guess the Atkins people are actually doing."
Updated On: 5/6/05 at 11:06 PM
renthead2005z Profile Photorenthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#7
Posted: 5/7/05 at 12:03am
I love this movie just because i know the girl in it...The girl that plays the girl who hooks up with the guy lives up the street from me.
"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"
smartpenguin78 Profile Photosmartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#8
Posted: 5/7/05 at 12:08am
That "Ladies Who Lunch" scene made the film for me. With the Sondheim cameo, too.
I just love when she smashes that glass and has that insane look on her face, it cracks me up.
"Everybody rise. Everybody rise! EVERYBODY RISE!"
I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.
FosseBoi
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#9
Posted: 5/7/05 at 12:29am
That is one FUNKY movie! It has its high and low points. The Sondheim cameo made the movie for me!hehe!re: CAMP: The Movie
"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line
munkustrap178 Profile Photomunkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#10
Posted: 5/7/05 at 12:29am
It's one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson
smartpenguin78 Profile Photosmartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#11
Posted: 5/7/05 at 12:40am
Come on Munk, I mean it is bad, but there is some total dreck out there. Although come to think of it the acting and plot of this movie is dreck. But I loved going to camp and showtunes, so it has that.
I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.
liotte Profile Photoliotte Profile Photo
liotte
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#12
Posted: 5/7/05 at 1:05am
I like it- I love going to camp, I love showtunes. It was cute!
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#13
Posted: 5/7/05 at 11:59am
It's ok. Certainly not good but as it is a record of these kids accomplishing their dreams of musical performance there is a sweetness to it. OBviously Sondheim gives it his blessing- if he hadn't the rights to the songs alone woulds bust the bank.
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin “I’m going to have to science the shit outta this.” The Martian
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#14
Posted: 5/7/05 at 5:36pm
It's a movie people love to hate but I love to watch.

Not perfect, but God, how enjoyable to watch!

My only complaint is that they act like the Camp never does any "Black" musicals and are forced to do the most miscast version of Dreamgirls imaginable, but the film opens with that great scene from Gospel at Colonus.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#15
Posted: 5/7/05 at 5:47pm
I just love the Ladies Who Lunch scene and Turkey Lurky Time... Did anyone else just wanna kill that blonde girl? The Turkey Lurky Time girl, What a bitch?!
munkustrap178
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#16
Posted: 5/7/05 at 5:49pm
I do like some of the performances - they are amusing.

But did they bother to audition people before casting them? Did they try to cast the least attractive people possible?

The kid that played Michael repulsed me. If you go to your prom in drag - your problems are far deeper than just being Gay - but don't be shocked and depressed when people kick your ass. He asked for it. It just pissed me off.
"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson
bwaysinger Profile Photobwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#17
Posted: 5/7/05 at 5:50pm
Wow. That's like telling a girl who wears a short mini-skirt that she asked to be raped.
nztheatreluva Profile Photonztheatreluva Profile Photo
nztheatreluva
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: CAMP: The Movie#18
Posted: 5/7/05 at 6:25pm
I loved this movie! I mean, yeah, it's cheesy, and yes, a few of them can't act, but still, it's just so cute!
J'ai compris tous les mots, j'ai bien compris, merci.............
munkustrap178
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#19
Posted: 5/7/05 at 6:47pm
bwaysinger: That's not the same thing at all, and you know it. He goes to the prom dressed in disgustingly hideous drag. Then when he gets beat up, he's literally depressed and hates his life. DID HE THINK PEOPLE WERE GOING TO THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA?
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#20
Posted: 5/7/05 at 8:19pm
I know I thought that too, did he think "Oh showing up as girl is gonna be a hit!" Idiot.

I felt bad for him though.
IMsooHyprToday Profile PhotoIMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#21
Posted: 5/7/05 at 8:42pm
the guy who played Vald was so hot my pants fell off.

and from teh DVD i love "Serpentine Michael, Serpentine!!!!"
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#22
Posted: 5/7/05 at 8:53pm
I thought the Blonde Girl was hot but such a bitch and the girl who knocked her off stage was hot too!
stylinbohemian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#23
Posted: 5/7/05 at 9:28pm
Clumsy u think all actresses are hot!
"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: CAMP: The Movie#24
Posted: 5/7/05 at 9:35pm
Excuse me Stylin, looks whose talking miss I HEART PHIL OF THE FUTURE!

Page: 1