Page: 1

Off-Broadway Shows That You Would Like To See On Broadway

~*The Broadway Baby*~
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I'm still considering this one myself...So what do you think off-broadway shows that should come to Broadway?
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I really liked "The Prince and the Pauper" when it was off Broadway. That was a great show for both kids and adults.
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
Amneris Profile PhotoAmneris Profile Photo
Amneris
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
well this isn't opened anymore but, i think "WIT" would of made an incredible bway piece. It was supposed to go into the Helen Hayes before it went into the Union Sq but things fell through due to a producers wife or the theater owners wife saying "it;s sad...she dies at the end" and thus the reason it never made it to bway... one person with no theatrical concept at all. We need more deep pieces of theater..not FAME on 42nd st.
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have you actually seen FAME, Amneris? I enjoyed it immensely. I would have liked it better if Gavin Creel were in it, but nonetheless it was a lot of fun.
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 12/18/03 at 11:09 PM
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw the tour with Gavinator as Nick and then I saw it again when Chris Hanke took over the role from him..... Gav was the bright spot in that show for me by far
Updated On: 12/19/03 at 11:16 PM
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh hello broadwayguy2. Where did you come out from?
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
jesseeinstein
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I have to say, I would have loved if The Last Five Years or Songs for a New World had made it to B'way... what can I say! I'm a JRB Freak!
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Temporary Help" was an awesome Off-Broadway play. I think it would be so nice to see on Broadway...especially since there aren't enough plays there now in comparison to musicals.
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I like your icon TheaterBaby- HI LOUISE!!!!!!!!!!

PS My posting status is never going to change. I give up!

Updated On: 12/18/03 at 11:41 PM
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can't think of a single Off-Broadway show that would fare well in a larger Broadway house other than the ill-fated Return of the Forbidden Planet. The show had a huge production in London, so I can see why it didn't work in a small house. Possibly Song of Singapore if it was staged more environmentally like Cabaret. I also saw that in London with Issy Van Randwyk and it was such a fun show (the live London CD gives a better persepective than the cold studio recording of the Off-Braodway cast).
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wish that the following shows could have had more successful runs, whether on Broadway or not --

Zanna Don't
Summer of 42 (it closed for no other reason that conditions in lower Manhattan in the months after 9/11)
Bat Boy
Amneris Profile PhotoAmneris Profile Photo
Amneris
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
no, i havent seen THIS cast of fame... wouldnt want to lose 2 1/2 hours of my life id never get back .
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm not buying it. You can't say you don't like it, if you don't see it. True, true.

TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Don't worry Phantom2 re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Off-Broadway Shows That You Would Like To See On BroadwaySoon you'll be a Broadway Legend. It just takes time and patience. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Off-Broadway Shows That You Would Like To See On Broadway You didn't join very long ago, so just keep posting your wonderful posts and your status will change.
Musetta1957 Profile PhotoMusetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
BAT BOY, dammit.

"Those BBC language tapes are really helping your diction..."
BillyLawlor Profile PhotoBillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree with Bat Boy. I LOVE that show. I think in a smaller, intimate setting like the Virginia where Little Shop is playing, the show could do pretty well. I'd love to see it win a couple of Tonys, to be honest with you.
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Annie Warbucks . They almost pulled it off. From the wreckage of Annie 2 came Annie Warbucks & only due to lack of investors did it have to settle for off broadway. They finally got it right but did not get the gold ring. The Variety Arts is a nice little theater but much too far off the beaten track for anything that plays there to succeed
Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 12/20/03 at 09:45 AM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So it wasn't the reviews? Cuz reviewers kill shows by reviewing shows which is what reviewers do. It was the investors? Not the reviewers? Huh. Go know.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually, I think a lot of shows belong Off-Broadway rather than on Broadway. There was a sweet little show last year called Amour that would have made a charming little Off-Broadway show but was a bloated over-produced catastrophe on Broadway. But we needn't worry about it, soon the only things on Broadway will be Disneyfied productions based on movies, big soulless event spectaculars.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
BroadwayBoy2005 Profile PhotoBroadwayBoy2005 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2005
Stand-by
Stand-by
Call me corny, but I'd like to see 'The Spitfire Grill' on Broadway. I'm been obsessed with that show ever since I saw it at a repertory theatre in my state last August.
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks to TheaterBaby's encouragement, I'm now a Featured Actor.
What happened to my boy, Mister Matt?

Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Oh hello broadwayguy2. Where did you come out from?"

A closet, n'est ce pas?
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This board is just so international!
Translation, please? Unless it's dirty.

broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A closet?? Honey I haven't seen one of those since I turened 16?? What about you two? LOL.