Page: 1

Angels in America tonight!

lassy
Stand-by
Stand-by
Angels in America tonight!#0
Posted: 12/7/03 at 8:51am
I'm very excited about AIA on HBO tonight. I had to finagle, beg, and practically sell my soul to get co-workers to switch shifts with me so I could watch both nights. Unfortunately, my VCR isn't working, so I won't be able to record it.

Will anyone else be glued to the TV tonight?
ErikJ972 Profile PhotoErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Angels in America tonight!#1
Posted: 12/7/03 at 9:06am
Yeah I'll definately be watching. I'm getting together with a group of friend for dinner and then to watch the show. Definately looking forward to it.
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Angels in America tonight!#2
Posted: 12/7/03 at 9:10am
To Lassy

Not to worry re recording it. This will obviously be available on VHS & DVD
Poster Emeritus
Deena Jones2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: Angels in America tonight!#3
Posted: 12/7/03 at 2:40pm
And On Demand! HBO always puts their specials on it!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Angels in America tonight!#4
Posted: 12/7/03 at 3:35pm
Even the "Combo Conversation and Trailer" on the HBO website gave me goosebumps and made me tear up. I never thought this epic masterpiece would be filmed after the Altman version fell through. I can't quite believe "Angels" approaches.
Link
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I will be glued to the tube. Thank God I kept the HBO.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well I made beouf bourguignon yesterday in preparation for dinner tonight prior to the 8pm curtain. And it is mmmgood!

We have a heterosexual married couple coming over to view ANGELS with us. I hope I understand it but they are both very smart so I'm sure they can explain to me the parts that I just know will be over my head. Kushner is so deep but hey, it's got Meryl in it. I'm so excited!

Bulldog.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Even though I am counting on the film giving me as much pleasure as the plays have, there is no sweeter pleasure than sitting back and waiting for somebody to prove the point you've made about him. Mmmm mmmmm good, indeed!
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rats. I don't have HBO. So what is this about?

D
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just know this is going to be so way over my head. I keep hoping they will do at least one musical number. Meyrl does sing you know. I saw her do THE HAPPY END years ago on Broadway. I'm sure Mike Nichols won't let her get way with NOT singing.

And Emma Thompson. The British are so smart too. They make intelligence look so easy.

Oh, here are my guests!

only 1 hour and 53 minutes to go!
Updated On: 12/7/03 at 06:05 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
D, I'll just respond to you since I am disappointed by the amateur job being done by the board's Master Baiter.

Visit the link where the writer, Tony Kushner, mentions the story of Angels in America is "too much to describe." I just cajoled my sister to have HBO turned on at her house, since I won't be able to get a tape to her in an expedient manner. She is in CT and it cost her 13.95... it's a six hour epic, part one is tonight, part two is next Sunday.

I told my niece in Southern Illinois to do the same, she's always wanted to see the show. But there they are charged a high "set up fee," what set up? I think they flip a switch.

Anyhoo, D, if you can have HBO switched on for a month without having to sell the house, I'd recommend it. It's a big piece with big ideas. It's my favorite modern American play from a writer I feel passionate about.
Updated On: 12/7/03 at 06:08 PM
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Angels in America tonight!#11
Posted: 12/8/03 at 7:46pm
Hope you enjoyed your show. I think I'll wait and rent or buy it on the DVD when it comes out.

Now MY show comes on tonight! BattleStar: Galactica Got the video recorder primed and ready.

D