Page: 1

BroadwayWorld.com Launches WestEndTheatreWorld.com and Online Radio Station for Theater Lovers

Rob Profile PhotoRob Profile Photo
Rob
Team BWW
Team BWW
BroadwayWorld.com Launches WestEndTheatreWorld.com and Online Radio Station for Theater Lovers

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/031117/060047.html

New Launches Continue BroadwayWorld.com's Growth as the Premier Theater Site on the Internet

Nyack, NY - November 17, 2003 - BroadwayWorld.com (https://www.broadwayworld.com), the premier theater resource on the Internet, announced today the dual launches of WestEndTheatreWorld.com,
(http://www.westendtheatreworld.com) and BroadwayWorld Radio (https://www.broadwayworld.com/radio.cfm), adding to the family of sites catered to all things theater.

"Over 15,000 visitors a day are choosing BroadwayWorld.com for their theater needs," said Robert Diamond, Editor-in-Chief and Founder of BroadwayWorld.com. "And with these new launches we are committed to continuing to serve the needs of the theater community."

Newly appointed Senior Editor, Craig Brockman, says, "BroadwayWorld.com has always differed from other theater sites because of high levels of interactivity for our visitors. These launches continue that theme as just a small part of our planned expansion of Broadway, International and regional theater coverage."

Additional regional theater sites will be launching throughout 2004 serving other major theater markets in North America.

WestEndTheatreWorld.com brings the same winning formula and popular site features from BroadwayWorld to London's West End theater market. With news roundups culling news from the British media, forums, show listings, reviews, news, interviews, polls, events calendar and lots more.
WestEndTheatreWorld will soon be the preeminent site for the West End Theatre Community.

BroadwayWorld Web Radio, programmed by DJ Kris Joseph, is a new leader in streaming theater music on the web. The site brings a constant rotation of more than 2,000 songs to its listeners in two streams of music - for high or low bandwidth visitors. The station offers an unmatched selection of show tunes, both new and old, with new releases being added on a weekly basis.
BroadwayWorld.com is now the only place where you can listen to the very best and most extensive selection in modern musical theatre - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - for free!

About BroadwayWorld.com / Wisdom Digital Media

BroadwayWorld.com is the premier theater web site on the net, serving both theater fans, and of those professionally involved in the Broadway community. Featuring hourly news, reviews, discussion forums, columns, chat, calendar, star bios and much more, BroadwayWorld.com is the place to go for your daily dose of theater. Founded in 2001, Wisdom Digital Media bridges the worlds of entertainment and technology. http://www.wisdomdigital.com

Contacts:

Robert Diamond
BroadwayWorld.com / Wisdom Digital Media 845-358-5550 robert@wisdomdigital.com

Tracy Wemett
BroadPR 617-868-5031
tracy@broadpr.com
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Luvinbroadway Profile PhotoLuvinbroadway Profile Photo
Luvinbroadway
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
What am I doing wrong? I click on the radio link and getr nothing?
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We are just hoping that BroadwayWorld.Com broadcasts 24 hours of Jerry Herman's music on January 16th--the 40th anniversary of TWHM!!!!!!! (I'll loan you my foreign cast albums if you want!)
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
krisjoseph Profile Photokrisjoseph Profile Photo
krisjoseph
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Well, I don't know what the first thing you're doing wrong is, but the second thing is not being very descriptive about the problem you're having! I'd love to help but I don't have much info to go on re: re: re: BroadwayWorld.com Launches WestEndTheatreWorld.com and Online Radio Station for Theater Lovers

Make sure you've got Windows Media Player installed, and that your web browser has JavaScript enabled. There's a slim chance that, if you have a pop-up blocker installed, that it will stop the window from appearing (the player appears in a JavaScript pop-up window).

The first time you click the link you will be prompted to install the Abacast plugin; after that, the station will launch in a new mini-window. The stream will load automatically -- I have seen one or two instances where it does not, and the status bar in the window says "Ready"; in that case, just hit the play button, and you're off and running.

Are you using Internet Explorer or Netscape? Which version? Are you a Windows user or a Mac user? Is the first link not working, or is the player window partially loading, or loading completely and not playing, or...?

Give it another go and we'll try to get you up and running.
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde
krisjoseph
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Hey Dollypop,

Sadly, the best I can offer right now is the Miss Spectacular concept album (the station focuses on shows created or recorded since 1990)... but I'll keep it in mind and we'll see what we can do re: re: re: re: re: BroadwayWorld.com Launches WestEndTheatreWorld.com and Online Radio Station for Theater Lovers
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde
Updated On: 11/17/03 at 11:53 AM
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gosh, I sure am proud of you boys. Congratulations for a job so very well done.
PEACE.
Sally Profile PhotoSally Profile Photo
Sally
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
"The first time you click the link you will be prompted to install the Abacast plugin; after that, the station will launch in a new mini-window"

When I click on the dialup link, I get a message that I don't have the right plug-in. When I click on the "Let us find you the right plug-in" link, I get "Error: can't find website multimedia.aol.com"

I'm on AOL, have Media Player, don't know if I have java script enabled, have a Mac with OS 9.1.

I'm kind of used to getting "wrong plug-in" messages since a lot of sites have switched to updated plug ins, which I can't get until I get OS X (when I get a new computer). Maybe that's it, or perhaps the radio technology just doesn't work for AOL or Macs.
PennyLou Profile PhotoPennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Congrats Robb!
Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!
krisjoseph
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
The radio station is supposed to work with Macs, though with versions older than OS X I'm not sure how seamless it is. The Abacast plugin does not work with Macs, but you should be automagically redirected to a Mac-friendly audio stream when you click the "listen" link. Some people are reporting prblems with this, and we're investigating. In the meantime, if you send me an email at dj@modernbroadway.com I can let you know what direct links you can use to for "emergency" access to the station.
ChrisLovesShows Profile PhotoChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Kris,
For Jerry Herman, the 1994 revival recording of Hello, Dolly! (aka TWHM) and the 1996 TV soundtrack for Mrs. Santa Claus should fit the criteria.
"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"
Updated On: 11/17/03 at 02:27 PM
BrdwyThtr Profile PhotoBrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
JoizeyActor Profile PhotoJoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Broadwaylady Profile PhotoBroadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Absolutely love the Broadway show tunes. Your my hero Rob and also easy on the eyes!!!!!!!! re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BroadwayWorld.com Launches WestEndTheatreWorld.com and Online Radio Station for Theater Lovers
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Go Rob! Congrats on another wonderful feature! So when is the board going to serve coffee/tea and donuts when you sign on?

D
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You mean your welcome screen each morning doesn't have that feature? Hmmmm
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not yet, Craig. Looking forward to the day it does! Hey how about some bagels and cream cheeze while your at it?
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BroadwayWorld.com Launc
D
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Congrats Rob! We bow in awe to your Webmasterness!!! ( does this mean we on the board are now cutting edge trendsetters? OOOOOO!)
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian