Page: 1

will there be a cast recording of taboo???

musicaltheatreman
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
will there be a cast recording of taboo???#0
Posted: 11/14/03 at 5:32pm
i know there is a london cast recording, i was just wondering if one will be recorded with the broadway cast??? i know one was not made for the new OK and mamma mia, but i hope one is recorded for this show??? does anyone know??? thanks :)
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Isn't one enough?

Yours for a better Broadway!
ChrisLovesShows Profile PhotoChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm almost sure that will depend on the success or failure of the show itself. If it closes quickly, chance are slim to none that there would be a Broadway cast recording. In fact, I wouldn't expect one unless it becomes clear the show will run at least a year or two.
"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"
Becky
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Rosie has posted on another forum that there will be a cast recording, and the 'Original Broadway Cast recording' is listed as a "soon to be released" on Talkin' Broadway's site but a date is not yet known.
theatreguy Profile Phototheatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Apparently Gene Simmons, of KISS, saw the show, loved the music and said he would be approaching Rosie about producing the cast recording on his Sanctuary Group label. So I guess we'll see what comes of that.
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There will inevitably be a cast recording--between the cast and producer alone, it will sell. It's possible success will only aid it further.
JO125
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Rosie has posted on the Taboo forum that the cast recording will be out
"asap
before x mas for sure"
leeinlondon
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
"Isn't one enough? "

Have you heard the music Bulldog... or let me guess... this is another time where you would just prefer to sit back and make bitchy comments on subjects that you know nothing about.....
krisjoseph Profile Photokrisjoseph Profile Photo
krisjoseph
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I don't think one is enough; certainly not in this case. There are new arrangements for the Broadway version, and new songs. In addition, I think there is real potential for radio play for some of the material, should they choose to record "commercial" versions of them (if, in fact, that's required -- you know, like the radio version of One Night In Bankok :)
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde
magruder Profile Photomagruder Profile Photo
magruder
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree Lee. The score is quite lovely, and I would welcome a Broadway cast recording.
"Gif me the cobra jool!"