Page: 1

Contact the Film

BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Contact the Film#0
Posted: 10/11/03 at 2:41am
This is gonna be a movie?? From what I hear, people did not like this show too much, so the movie is going to be crap. The only reason I want them to waist their money is to see the show. What do you think? Hit or Flop?
Contact Movie Is Perhaps One Draft Away from Filming
CCM '10!
JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Contact the Film#1
Posted: 10/11/03 at 4:04am
This is weird; last night I was thinking about how much I regret not seeing Contact in the West End and then thought 'hey, I wonder if it'll ever tour', but knew it wouldn't so I was wondering if there was a video available. So I for one will be glad to see this but I doubt it'll ever happen. If it does happen - FLOP
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Contact the Film#2
Posted: 10/11/03 at 10:59am
I think there is some interest in expanding the 2nd part of the show,esp the fantasy dance sequences .the 1st sequance (the 18th C one) would be unadaptable to film. And frankly while i liked it the 3rd sequance always reminded me of "occurance at owl creek bridge" and again would be difficult to adapt for film.
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Contact the Film#3
Posted: 10/11/03 at 3:38pm
i think it said they are doing the 3rd part.
CCM '10!
Cadriel
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Contact the Film#4
Posted: 10/11/03 at 3:44pm
I only ever saw the PBS broadcast of the final Broadway performance of Contact (someone taped it for me), but I do remember liking it mostly as a choreography piece, sort of a curiosity. I probably wouldn't have paid to see it live.

If you had a director unafraid to do tons of choreography in the film, I think it'd actually have a shot at working. Not sure how well it'd be received...not terribly well, I think.

-Wayne
BrdwyThtr Profile PhotoBrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Contact the Film#5
Posted: 10/11/03 at 5:07pm
Contact wasn't bad, if you enjoy dancing. I do enjoy the stage version, when I'm in the mood.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Contact the Film#6
Posted: 10/11/03 at 8:07pm
My friends and I really enjoyed CONTACT. We saw it while it was still in previews at the Newhouse Theater. If you are't aware, the Newhouse is a very intimate little theater and the show seemed to play very well there. Of course, it was New Year's Eve and I think that predisposes audiences to have a good time, but I really felt it was a clever show and regret not having gone back for a second look when it moved upstairs to the Beaumont.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)