Page: 1

Jackie Mason - Laughing Room Only

VinnieTheIceman Profile PhotoVinnieTheIceman Profile Photo
VinnieTheIceman
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Jackie Mason - Laughing Room Only#0
Posted: 9/27/03 at 6:05pm
I had the unfortunate experience of seeing this show in it's pre-Broadway run a few days ago. All I can say is whomever is responsible for allowing this show to play on Broadway should receive a lifetime ban. I have seen a lot of stinkers in my time, but none is as completely worthless from beginning to end as this one. A complete waste of two hours.
Updated On: 9/27/03 at 06:05 PM
MONCHIE
Swing
Swing
re: Jackie Mason - Laughing Room Only#1
Posted: 9/28/03 at 7:15pm
WE SAW IT OPENING NIGHT IN NYACK AND AGREE THAT IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. IT WAS TASTELESS AND THE MATERIAL WAS OLD AS THE HILLS. THE AUDIENCE EMPTIED OUT AFTER THE FIRST ACT AND OTYHER ASKED FOR REFUNDS. I POSTED A MESSAGE REGARDING THIS.

IF HE HAS 1/2 A BRAIN, HE WILL GO BACK TO BEING "JACKIE MASON".
VinnieTheIceman Profile PhotoVinnieTheIceman Profile Photo
VinnieTheIceman
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: re: Jackie Mason - Laughing Room Only#2
Posted: 9/28/03 at 8:58pm
Unfortunately for Jackie, his last show was a bomb so he decided to try something new. This will be a miserable failure. If he is wise he will close it before Broadway as he has barely sold any tickets anyway. Can he use the excuse that John Rando's mother died?
BoxOfficeJon Profile PhotoBoxOfficeJon Profile Photo
BoxOfficeJon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It is like the sex comedies of London right? The ones that are huge hits there and total boring flops here.

...this is wrong on so many levels... Diane Lane in "Must Love Dogs" "If you have poo, now is the time to fling it" -- The Monkey's from Madagascar
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who is playing Jackie? Howie Mandel?

PEACE.
onceadancer2 Profile Photoonceadancer2 Profile Photo
onceadancer2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
In addition to his bad material, I think Jackie Mason should stop coloring his hair. I don't, so why should he? Perhaps that dye has seeped into his brain!

Miriam
Every movement has a meaning--but what the hell does it mean!
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Here is a scary thought. Jackie Mason & Joe Franklin rambling on & on on stage . The opening night party could be in Howard Johnson's ( whose bathroom has not been cleaned since FDR) or Joe Franklins restaurant ( that is always empty)
Poster Emeritus