Liz kissing Liza's "Minnelli"

rlbgbc Profile Photorlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Liz kissing Liza's "Minnelli"#0
Posted: 9/16/03 at 12:38pm
This item was in Liz Smith's column today:

"....But life is not just a paint-and-powder cabaret for Liza. She has work on her mind, and some of the biggest producing names in showbiz - including movie moguls - have Liza on their minds, too. "

NOW, the question I have is WHO? WHO/WHICH/WHAT movie mogul could possibly be considering Liza for a movie role? Are they really gonna go through with that re-make of BABY JANE with Liza and Goldie????
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liz kissing Liza's 'Minnelli'#1
Posted: 9/16/03 at 12:54pm
That Liz is somewhat prone to hyperbole. Did you read her disingenuous criticism of the "media" for turning Ben and JLo into an item? I mean, it did take this woman over 70 years to look in the mirror and see a lesbian, but that's just too much.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Liz kissing Liza's 'Minnelli'#2
Posted: 9/16/03 at 12:59pm
I posted a while ago that she was being considered for Gloria in DAMN YANKEES. (According to Cindy Adams, so take that for what it's worth.) But I think it would be a hoot and a half!
PEACE.
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Liz kissing Liza's 'Minnelli'#3
Posted: 9/16/03 at 1:04pm
Namo,

It took her 70 years to look in a mirror and see a lesbian that's 'bisexual'. Her view on the world is, how shall I say, unique?

Having had dealings with her and her office, she barely writes a sentence any longer. Hell, she can barely pick up the pen!
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sueleen:

I can hear it now:

"Shoeless Joe from Hannibal...Mama? Mama?"

Namo and Robert:

The thought of Liz and paramouress bumping together is enough to make me chunder. ew. ew. ew.
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
EWWWWWWW! Now that is something I just never wanted to ponder. Thank you for that horrible image.
PEACE.
BoxOfficeJon Profile PhotoBoxOfficeJon Profile Photo
BoxOfficeJon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why not allow Liza to do the re-make of SUNSET BOULEVARD. She could do musical wonders. I think she would be really good in it. IMHO
...this is wrong on so many levels... Diane Lane in "Must Love Dogs" "If you have poo, now is the time to fling it" -- The Monkey's from Madagascar
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If Liza is healthy, balanced, etc., she might be a good Norma Desmond -- I'll give you that.

However, I think there's a major problem with Liza returning to the big screen -- she's probably uninsurable.
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually, I think Liza’s best chance for a come back right now is on film. She can take care of any vocal limitations in the studio (I believe Marnie is available) and do short takes of dance steps so she can still breathe and the DP could do wonders for her appearance. I say, “Go for it, Girl!”
PEACE.
TEACHEROFTHEATER Profile PhotoTEACHEROFTHEATER Profile Photo
TEACHEROFTHEATER
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Liz kissing Liza's 'Minnelli'#9
Posted: 9/16/03 at 2:04pm
it had been reported that Liza Minnelli was slated to star in a film version of Andrew Lloyd Weber's Sunset Boulevard.
"MAY YOUR LIFE BE AS BRIGHT AS BROADWAY AT NIGHT"
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: Liz kissing Liza's 'Minnelli'#10
Posted: 9/16/03 at 2:24pm
that rumor was true, she was a choice, as was barbara streisand, but what better diva to do it than liza???
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: Liz kissing Liza's 'Minnelli'#11
Posted: 9/16/03 at 2:26pm
Liz is very kind to Liza...very understanding...

It may stem from the fact that if you can put aside the drama that is inherent with being a Liza Minnelli...Liza is a very nice lady who very few people have ever said a bad word about...

...and a very talented Lady…

Mind you I am not a Liza fan ….and I consider a lot of what she does to be “lizashtick” but when I was dragged and I do mean dragged to hear her at the Beacon a few years back…

She was in healthy vocal estate and delivered a really terrific version of “What did I have that I don’t have”…I wish they would have recorded that night instead of the closing one..
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Liz kissing Liza's 'Minnelli'#12
Posted: 9/16/03 at 2:29pm
Hmmmm....well said, voice anth...very objective.