Page: 1

Broadway Puzzler #35

Broadway Puzzler #35#0
Posted: 9/1/03 at 7:40pm
Connect Sutton Foster (sorry folks but I had to use her name) to Frank Loesser.

6 degrees of separation. All theatre related.

Bonus if you name the shows. Hey, it's a fun way to learn theatre history and connect the past to the present.

Yours for the legacy of Broadway!

BroadwayGirl107 Profile PhotoBroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Broadway Puzzler #35#1
Posted: 9/1/03 at 7:50pm
I don't know if this counts because it deals with CDs only, but I'll give it a shot. SUtton Foster appeared on the Maury Yeston songbook, which also featured Liz Callaway, who made a CD called "Anywhere I Wander - Liz Callaway Sings Frank Loesser" featuring none other than songs by Frank Loesser.
"This country, this experiment, America, this hubris: what a lament if no one saw it go. Here today, gone tomorrow. Dissipation is actually much worse than cataclysm."--August: Osage County
Updated On: 9/1/03 at 07:50 PM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Broadway Puzzler #35#2
Posted: 9/1/03 at 7:54pm
It doesn't count. Sorry, B'wayGirl.

People, not CD's.

BB
BroadwayGirl107
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Broadway Puzzler #35#3
Posted: 9/1/03 at 7:55pm
Darn
"This country, this experiment, America, this hubris: what a lament if no one saw it go. Here today, gone tomorrow. Dissipation is actually much worse than cataclysm."--August: Osage County
BroadwayGirl107
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Broadway Puzzler #35#4
Posted: 9/1/03 at 8:05pm
Ok how about this...Sutton Foster appeared in last year's Funny Girl Concert, which also featured Gary Beach. Gary Beach was in the original cast of the Producers, which also starred Matthew Broderick, who was in the 1995 revival of How to Succeed in Business without really trying, music and lyrics by Frank Loesser.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Broadway Puzzler #35#5
Posted: 9/1/03 at 10:14pm
Good try, B'WayGirl but still no go.

There is a link.

BB
Mattio98
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ok...Sutton is in TMM with Matt Lashey who was in 42nd Street with David Elder who was in Titanic with Frank Loesser's daughter, Emily Loesser
BroadwayGirl107
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sorry about that...I thought that since he wwrote the music and lyrics, that was considered a link.
TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
way to go, Mattio. And personally i think B'way Girl's answers solve the question. That's the charm of the six degrees game, there's several routes sometimes.
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for your personal opinion Texas! There should be a direct personal connection. By your and B'WayGirl's view, I am only separated by one degree from Tolstoy because I've read WAR AND PEACE, or Dickens, or Trollope, or Flaubert, or Hugo,...

Great connection Mattio, and in 3 degrees. I am impressed. More direct than what I had in mind. Texas is right, of course, there are always several routes.

My analysis is: Sutton's sibling Hunter co-starred in URINETOWN with John Cullum. Cullum co-starred in ON A CLEAR DAY...with Barbara Harris, who co-starred with Alan Alda in THE APPLE TREE. Alan is the son of Robert Alda, the original Sky Masterson in GUYS AND DOLLS, written of course by Frank Loesser.

Broadway history and classic musicals thrown into the mix to connect Sutton with Frank Loesser.

BB
Updated On: 9/2/03 at 06:56 PM

Page: 1