Page: 1

If you were on American Idol...

NativeNewYorker
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If you were on American Idol...#0
Posted: 8/28/03 at 6:20pm
and it was Broadway week,what would you sing?

I'd do "Gimme, Gimme". And I'd just blow the audience away!!!

Or I'd do "Out Tonight", and, even though I would do a GREAT job (of course), the judges would say that it wasn't a good choice, because I'm going against the wholesome, good-girl image I've painted for myself.

I would save "My Strongest Suit" for a possible Elton John week.

Anyone????

(let me add that I can't sing to save my life, so this is pure, pure, pure fantasy)
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: If you were on American Idol...#1
Posted: 8/28/03 at 7:32pm
Hummm...I've already said I wouldn't even want to do this show but if this IS a fantasy and all things being equal I know I couldn't do, "Half a Moment" like I'd like to and I couldn't do anything from Broadway because they don't seem to like it soooo I'd hit'em with a Meat Loaf song--"Wasted Youth" or "Objects in the Rearview Mirror (Appear Closer Than They Are)" or "I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" and let her rip!

D
theatrediva10086
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: If you were on American Idol...#2
Posted: 8/28/03 at 7:35pm
I'd say What I Did For Love...
I had a dream... I dreamed it for you June... It wasn't for me Herbie... And if it wasn't for me, then where would you be, Miss. Gypsy Rose Lee?
TheBalladeer Profile PhotoTheBalladeer Profile Photo
TheBalladeer
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: If you were on American Idol...#3
Posted: 8/28/03 at 7:52pm
Hmm...that's an interesting question. I would probably do my rendition of "Some People". It would be a very good song for a competition like that.

Cheers,
The Balladeer
"Someone tell the story...Someone sing the song...."
BillyLawlor Profile PhotoBillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I would go with "The Impossible Dream". That would definitely win them over- hehe.
BroadwayGirl107 Profile PhotoBroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'd wanna give a shot at Gimme Gimme, cause if you can nail that song, you've won them over. (Not that I could sing that song, haha)
"This country, this experiment, America, this hubris: what a lament if no one saw it go. Here today, gone tomorrow. Dissipation is actually much worse than cataclysm."--August: Osage County