Page: 1

General Mills goes whole grain

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
General Mills goes whole grain#0
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:57am
I haven't been able to find a story online yet but I heard on the news tonight that all General Mills cereals are going whole grain. Lucky charms, Coco Puffs, all of them. Just as much sugar as before so don't fret entirely if this scares you. General Mills goes whole grain I'll get an article up as soon as I can find one. Discuss. Good, bad, don't think it makes a difference because all that sugar is still there?

Personally, I am glad to see it happen because it is making the cereal at least a little bit healthier. Hopefully they'll reduce the sugar content next. Also what is your favorite cereal? (Frosted Mini Wheats here)
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 9/30/04 at 03:57 AM
Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: General Mills goes whole grain#1
Posted: 9/30/04 at 8:38am
Lowfat Granola. Nature Valley, but it has been years since I have eaten it. So many calories.
If only they could make a fat free calorie free Granola.
re: General Mills goes whole grain
Broadway Matt Profile PhotoBroadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: General Mills goes whole grain#2
Posted: 9/30/04 at 8:42am
well that just about solves the obesity problem in this country. and just in time for the elections.

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: General Mills goes whole grain#3
Posted: 9/30/04 at 8:52am
well its a small step but a positive one. I have been avoiding white flour since I was in my teens - its just not anywhere near as healthy as the whole grain choice. Good for them. Now, if they could just get rid of a lot of that sugar...
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
Broadway Matt Profile PhotoBroadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: General Mills goes whole grain#4
Posted: 9/30/04 at 9:02am
i agree. it's something at least. forgive me, i just watched SUPERSIZE ME again so I'm in that kind of mood. it's the sugar that'll get ya.

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: General Mills goes whole grain#5
Posted: 9/30/04 at 9:05am
I wish I could curb my own sweet tooth - it would make losing these last 5 lbs much easier!...cutting back on carbs is tough when you love bread (bagels- yumm) as much as I do. I get mine at Essa Bagel - their multigrain are the best in town.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
kissmycookie Profile Photokissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: General Mills goes whole grain#6
Posted: 9/30/04 at 10:59am
it's a step in the right direction. of course, one could also argue that the sugar is there to get kids to eat whole grains...

I personally prefer the non-sugar based cereals. Special K, in particular.
emonkeygirl Profile Photoemonkeygirl Profile Photo
emonkeygirl
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: General Mills goes whole grain#7
Posted: 9/30/04 at 11:13am
Growing up, we were only allowed to get cereals where salt came before sugar on the ingredients list. Every so often we got Rice Krispies as a treat!!!
(Of course, my mom made her own granola & baked her own bread, so it wasn't like I felt I was missing out...)
(& no, she wasn't a hippy!)
It's hot and it's monotonous. I want my glasses.