Gypsy recording...

theatrediva10086
Stand-by
Stand-by
Gypsy recording...#0
Posted: 8/25/03 at 9:49pm
I just got the OCR today and I love it...
I think the actors sing the songs extremely well...They not only sing the songs, but they act them...
When Tammy sings Little Lamb, I can almost picture her sitting all alone in her room, holding the lamb...
Bernadette's version of Rose's Turn prompted me to replay the song at least three times...
The two young girls playing June and Louise's younger selves, Addison and Heather, make me fall in love with them as soon as they sing Let Me Entertain You, as they react to their stage mothers remarks...
The Three Strippers also prompted a replay with their rendition of Gotta Get A Gimmick...I saw Kate Buddeke in a touring prodiuction of Carousel and I look forward to seeing her in this show...
One of my favorite parts of the recording was the last track with Rose and Louise speaking the lines...It's one of my favorite parts of the whole show and I am glad it was included...I only wish they would someday record the final scene between Rose and Louise...Now that is my favorite scene in the show...
I have a ton of recordings of Gypsy and I must say, that this ranks in the top two...
I had a dream... I dreamed it for you June... It wasn't for me Herbie... And if it wasn't for me, then where would you be, Miss. Gypsy Rose Lee?