Page: 1

Sondheim says 'Bounce' will undergo nips and tucks -

KB
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/reviews/critics/mmx-g1917tbg1.4aug24,0,2301822.story?coll=mmx-critics_heds

Sondheim also said he has not read any of the Chicago reviews ("reviews are not helpful"), and he confirmed that no significant changes were made between the beginning and the end of the run of "Bounce" at the Goodman.

And his next show? Sondheim said (not for the first time) that he is toying with the formative challenge of turning the movie "Groundhog Day" into a musical.

---

Well, Groundhog day will be an easier show to do if the music keeps repeating. Sondheim says 'Bounce' will undergo nips and tucks - Interesting comments about Bounce improvements though.
Max Bialystock Profile PhotoMax Bialystock Profile Photo
Max Bialystock
Stand-by
Stand-by
Sondheim plans changes to 'Bounce'

August 25, 2003

In a pre-show conversation Friday night at the Ravinia Festival, Stephen Sondheim said he was hard at work on making changes to his new musical, "Bounce," which debuted this summer at the Goodman Theater. He and book writer John Weidman are set to finish work on those changes--including "the compression of several scenes, the addition of at least one and a half new songs and the clarification of the opening sequence so audiences understand the show better"--within the next couple of weeks. The show will then go back into 3-1/2 weeks of rehearsal before opening at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.

Asked what he was considering for his next project, Sondheim mentioned a musical version of the 1993 film "Groundhog Day." He may have been joking.

Hedy Weiss

CHICAGO SUN TIMES ARTICLE
Fondly, as ever, Max
ChristineDaae Profile PhotoChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can't wait to see this show! A couple of my friends have seen it and from what I hear- it's pretty good!
"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC
sondheimfreak Profile Photosondheimfreak Profile Photo
sondheimfreak
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Of course! It's Steve!
"I don't understand. Everything's coming up Roses' WHAT?"-Jerome Robbins to Stephen Sondheim